fourteen

the friend group was at the bowling alley. the teams were ricky, ariana and denzel vs maya billie and zoe.

"winner team decides what we eat for lunch AND loser team has to pay" zoe said. "ok i'm saving up for sabrina claudio tickets so y'all better hustle" billie said.

sabrina was doing a valentines special concert and billie had been dying to go. she had planned to go with kobe since last year but now she decided to go by herself.

maya smirked at billie's comment. the round started and both teams were equally good. ricky hit a strike. he bended over the other team.

"suck it losers" he said. maya billie and zoe made a disgusting face.

it was mayas turn and she was concentrated. she looked back at billie and winked. billie smiled while zoe looked between them.

maya hit a strike. maya's team cheered but ricky's groaned. "we won we won we won!" billie said hugging maya and zoe.

"ok so where we eating?" zoe said to the now huddled up team. "it's gotta be somewhere expensive" maya said. zoe and billie laughed.

"i'm in the mood for some pizza" billie suggested. "hell yeah" maya agreed. zoe nodded in agreement.

they walked over to the losing team. "we want pizza hut" they all said. the losing team groaned once again.

they headed to pizza hut and maya billie & zoe made sure to order the most expensive items.

"oh come on you don't even eat like that" denzel complained to billie. "right now i do" billie said.

"thx for the pizza guys" maya said bragging in their faces. "yeah y'all really didn't have to" zoe joked. "aha aha aha" ricky fake laughed.

billie looked at the time on her phone. "shit i gotta go, sabrina's tickets are going on sale in 5 minutes" billie said cleaning herself up.

"you want me to give you a ride home?" maya asked. billie smiled. "yes please"

"alright see you broke boys later" maya said getting up. billie and zoe laughed. ricky stuck his middle finger up behind mayas back.

the group watched maya and billie leave. maya opened the passenger door for billie. billie smiled and got in.

"oh billie i'm just so head over heels for you" ricky mocked. "oh maya stop it i'm just too much for you to handle" zoe mocked back.

"come here billie" ricky said. "oh maya" zoe said. zoe and ricky leaned in and fake kissed. denzel and ariana laughed.

maya and billie went into billie's room. "ok grab my credit card please" billie said while opening her laptop.

maya sat on the bed beside billie and handed her the credit card. billie watched closely for sabrina's website to update.

"shit it updated here we go" billie said scrambling. maya watched billie go crazy over finding those tickets.

she admired how devoted billie was to someone she loved. it was one of the many reasons why maya fell for her.

"FOR FUCKS SAKE" billie groaned while laying back and closing her eyes. maya took her focus off of billie for a sec to look at the screen. "sold out" the screen read.

maya sighed. "i'm sorry eilish" billie opened her eyes. "it's fine, it's not the first time" she said disappointingly.

maya looked at her sympathetically. "i know what can cheer you up" billie squinted and smiled. "what" she asked.

"the hills"

maya and billie went to the kitchen to grab some snacks. "oh hey where you kiddos heading" maggie asked.

"to the hills" billie replied grabbing some takis. "oh to celebrate getting those tickets huh" maggie said. maya scratched her head.

"the opposite actually" billie said slightly angry. "oh i'm sorry hon you'll get them next time" maggie said rubbing her back.

"yeah whatever, i'll see you when i get back" billie said hugging her. "have a good time you two" maggie said to them.

they headed for the hills. they arrived and set up a mini picnic.

billie looked at the picnic sadly.

maya looked up from setting the snacks down and noticed it. "what's the matter"

billie took a deep breath. "i set up a picnic for kobe's birthday here and he didn't show" she said awkwardly laughing.

maya pursed her lips to the side. "he was probably with danielle" billie continued.

maya walked over and gave her a hug. billie held on to maya and started crying. "i'm sorry" billie said through her tears.

maya kissed the top of billie's head. "they don't deserve you billie"

"yeah" billie said. maya grabbed billie's face and faced it upwards. she wiped her tears and smiled.

"even crying you're the prettiest girl i know"

billie smiled. "i don't deserve you maya"

"you deserve more than me"

billie smiled and put her face back onto mayas neck.

"i have an idea" maya said. "what"

"let's stay here til sunrise" billie looked up.

"i would love that" billie said. maya smiled.

they laid on top of the blanket and ate their snacks. time passed really fast when they were together. they didn't even notice it was now 7am.

they say by the cliff and waited for the sun to shine. billie put her head on mayas shoulder.

billie struggled to stay awake and maya noticed. the sun shone on their faces. they both stared at the sunrise and admired it.

billie yawned. "i love the sun" she said before closing her eyes.

maya looked at billie and admired her.

"i love you"