six

"yes just like that, keep going"

"STOP" zoe said.

zoe and the rest of the group were planning billie's surprise birthday party.

"i thinks that's too high" ricky said about the banner he was hanging up.

"i think it's perfect" zoe disagreed.

"whatever, you're the host"

"where is denzel with those damn snacks" zoe asked.

"he's pulling up now" drew said looking out the window.

"ok call maya and tell her she can bring billie home now"

*flashback*

mayas cell phone rang. zoe was calling her.

"hello" maya answered.

"hey maya how are you"

"i'm good what about you"

"i'm good. hey listen, i'm planning this surprise party for billie and i need you to distract her until 9pm"

"was kobe not available"

"i honestly don't know, she's been mad at him but won't tell me why"

maya slightly smiled but felt bad so she stopped. "yeah okay i got you"

"okay and it's a slumber party so bring some clothes and stuff in your car"

"yeah ok see you there zoe"

"see you there maya"

maya thought of ways to distract billie for 4 hours. it was currently 5pm. highland park is a small town so she had limited options.

she finally came up with a plan and called billie.

"hey maya" billie said while smiling.

"hey happy birthday eilish"

"thank you"

"do you have anything planned today?"

please say no.

"nah, the rest of the groups busy so i guess i'm just staying home with my family" billie said disappointed.

YAY

"well you're in luck! i wanna take you out"

billie's smiled widened. "really"

"yes. be ready in 10"

"okay"

they hung up and both got ready.

billie put on a silky green dress with white polka dots. she matched it with a pearl necklace and white sandals. she made curled her hair.

maya put on a long white tee with baggy black cargo pants & white adidas. she matched it with 2 braids and excessive rings.

she packed her bag for the sleepover and headed to billie's house.

billie decided to wait outside because she'd been in her house all day.

as she walked finneas stopped her. "woah what are you? getting married?"

billie laughed and punched him playfully. "im going out with maya"

"ah the romeo to your juliet"

"i have a boyfriend" billie said annoyed.

"never let your boyfriend prevent you from your soulmate"

finneas was joking, but he had a point. kobe wasn't shit. billie was just holding on because he wasn't always like this. he had love, just not enough for billie.

billie got a text from maya. "i'm outside" billie smiled.

"maya?" finneas asked not even looking at her phone. he could tell from her facial expression.

"yea i gotta go"

"alright be safe, love u"

"love u more"

maya was waiting by the passenger door.

billie walked out and maya was amazed. she looked like a princess.

"hey beautiful" maya said.

billie blushed. "hey"

maya opened the door for her and she got in.

maya drove to the arcade because she knew they could waste time there.

"i love this arcade how did you know" billie said excitedly.

because i'm in love with you

"because i know you" maya said back.

billie looked from the arcade to her and smiled. they went in and there wasn't that many people there so they had a lot to choose from.

"what do you wanna do first birthday girl?" maya asked.

"laser tag" billie answered. they played laser tag, then pacman, then air hockey, then basketball, then a whole bunch of other games.

they sat down at a table exhausted. "i totally beat your ass in basketball" maya bragged. "ok but i beat your ass in air hockey" billie bragged back. "fair"

"let's order something i'm starving" billie said. they ordered some pizza and drinks.

"so how you and kobe doing" maya asked.

billie looked sad. "fuck i'm sorry don't answer that" maya quickly said.

"no no it's okay, at least someone's checking on me"

maya smiled sympathetically.

"um we're kind of rocky, but not like our usual rocky, wow why is there a usual rocky, but um we're more rocky than ever now" billie answered.

maya held her hand. "can i ask what happened?"

billie nodded holding back tears. "he took me out on a date"

maya looked confused. "ok i'm not the best at relationships but i'm not seeing what's wrong with that" she joked.

billie chuckled. "he's not that affectionate maya. it was so random. and he said he was taking me to my favorite place-"

"the hills?" maya asked.

"taco bell." billie interrupted.

maya bust out laughing but quickly took it back.

"i am so sorry"

they exchanged eye contact then started laughing together.

"ok but in all seriousness, i think he's cheating."

maya quickly stopped her laughter. "why do you think that?"

"well first he asked yOu kNow i LovE yoU riGhT" billie mocked him. maya chuckled.

billie got sad again. "and then he got a text on his phone and quickly put it down?" maya frowned.

"you deserve better billie, and i wish you'd see that for yourself" maya said while rubbing her hands.

billie looked in her eyes.

then her lips.

then her eyes again.

maya leaned in and billie the same.

present time

*ring ring ring*

mayas phone rang. it was zoe.

"sorry um, i have to take this" maya said while getting up and answering her phone.

"yo maya, we're ready for her" zoe said. "aight"

"ok she's on her way guys let's hide" zoe said to the rest of the group there.

knock knock

"well that was fast" denzel joked. "shut up i'll get it" zoe said walking to the door.

she opened it to a familiar duo.

kobe & danielle.