twenty

billie woke up in mayas bed. she smiled remembering what happened.

she turned around and got a little worried when she didn't see maya.

she headed downstairs and got a sensational smell as she got closer to the kitchen.

maya was cooking billie's favorite breakfast: blueberry waffles.

she had beats on and was facing the stove so she didn't hear billie.

she was singing along to "can't deny my love" by brandon flowers.

and you can run to the hillside, you can close your eyes but you're not gonna not gonna deny no you're not gonna not gonna deny my love

maya sang along to the song while billie stood there leaning on a wall admiring her. maya turned around from the stove to set the waffles on the plate.

"SHIT" maya said being scared by billie. billie laughed. maya took her beats off and walked over to billie.

she pulled her by the waist and kissed her. "good morning my love"

billie smiled. "good morning baby"

"come eat" maya said leading billie to the table. billie looked up and smiled. "thank you" "don't worry about it" maya said.

"your mom here yet?" billie asked taking a bite of a waffle. she moaned because of how good it was.

maya laughed. "no, she should've been here but probably got busy" billie nodded while keeping her focus on the waffles.

"gosh you need to be a chef" billie said. maya laughed. "i love cooking but i couldn't imagine doing it forever"

"well what could you imagine doing forever?" billie asked.

"you"

billie practically choked while maya giggled. "not funny" billie said jokingly.

the front doorknob jingled. in came vicky from work.

"sweetie i'm ho-" vicky started. she saw maya and billie at the table. "oh" vicky finished.

maya & billie giggled. "hey ma" maya said getting up to hug vicky.

"mom id like to introduce you to my girlfriend, billie" maya said smiling.

vicky let out a little gasp. "i knew it" she squealed while going to hug billie. billie got up to hug vicky back.

"i am so glad you're dating maya she will not stop talking about you" vicky said. maya cleared her throat.

billie giggled. "oh sorry" vicky said with an awkward smile.

"well i'm gonna go get some rest you two lovebirds have fun" vicky said leaving the room.

"wont stop talking about me huh?" billie asked jokingly. maya scoffed. "yeah you caught me"

billie put her arms around maya. "i think it's cute"

maya put her arms around billie. "i think you're cute"

they smiled at each other and kissed.

it was now monday and the group was in lunch. "so i told him, it's me or her, & he chose her!" ricky said. zoe laughed.

"what's so funny" ricky asked. "you. you chasing these straight guys and for what" zoe answered.

"well i like the chase" ricky said. the group chuckled.

"at least we're all single" ariana said.

maya and billie looked at each other quickly. zoe squinted her eyes. "what was that" zoe asked

maya smirked and gripped billie's hand. "not all of us are single." maya said. billie grinned.

ricky slapped the table. "you owe me 5 bucks" he said pointing to denzel. denzel sucked his teeth.

"congratulations!" ariana squealed.

"ee i'm so happy" zoe said. billie and maya smiled at each other.

billie was happy. maya was approved not only by her but her friends. it's been a while since that.