three

just like every other horrible thing kobe did to billie, she brushed this off.

it was lunch and the group, excluding denzel because he was sick, was sitting together.

"so baby, what did you want to tell me yesterday?" kobe asked.

shit.

billie forgot she lied to lure him there. the rest of the group stared as she sat there with a blank face.

"i got an A on my history test" she quickly lied.

"that's great baby!" kobe said while hugging her. she smiled because he wasn't really that affectionate.

zoe and danielle had confusing looks on their faces while maya looked slightly jealous.

"maya i didn't know you had band" zoe said.

maya had her guitar with her.

"no i'm playing for my cousin's restaurant" maya said.

"you know how to play?" billie asked.

"yeah"

"play something for us" danielle said.

"right now...here?"

the group laughed. "you right you right" danielle said.

"what's the restaurant name and what time do you play? maybe we can watch you" billie asked excitedly.

"it's mariachiles and i play at 7pm"

"okay we'll be there" billie said.

kobe scoffed. "i'm not coming i got better plans"

"yeah me too maya i can't come i'm sorry" danielle said.

billie looked at kobe then danielle with a suspicious look.

"no it's fine" maya said honestly.

"guess it's just me and you bil" zoe joked. "so be it" billie joked back.

the bell rang

"ok so i'll see you two tonight i guess" maya said. the group exchanged goodbyes.

7pm

billie was getting ready for maya to play guitar. she put on an oversized black and red sweater with a black skirt and high black boots.

she matched it with all kinds of jewelry and eyeliner.

finneas came in her room. "are you seeing kobe?"

"no. i'm seeing a friend. she's playing guitar in her cousins restaurant"

finneas thought of all the friends she knew billie had. none of which could play guitar.

billie noticed his confusion. "her names maya, she's new" finneas nodded his head in realization.

"is that the one you call every night?" billie perked her lips to the side and nodded.

*honk*

"that's my ride" billie said while getting up and grabbing a little purse. finneas walked with her to the door.

they hugged. "have fun kiddo" finneas said. "i will"

billie walked to the car. "AND DONT GET DRUNK" finneas yelled. billie laughed.

"alright you ready?" zoe asked. "yep let's ride."

they pulled up to the restaurant. "woah, this is beautiful" billie said in awe. "dude this place is fucking huge, maya's family must be loaded." zoe said.

billie side eyed her. "just saying"

they entered. "hello! welcome to mariachiles! how many will i be seating this fine evening" the lady at the front said.

"two please" billie replied. "ok follow me" they followed her to a two seater. "a waitress will be with you shortly" the lady said.

zoe was admiring the place. "do you think maya's in the mafia?"

billie glared at her. "you can't be serious" zoe was very serious.

time passed and billie & zoe got their food. billie ordered noodle soup with a sprite and zoe ordered a burger and fries with a coco cola.

"ok you guys so today i have a very special surprise for you" a guy said on the stage. "tonight i got my cousin to play some music for you guys"

the restaurant clapped and cheered.

"yeah so everybody give it up for mayaaaaa" the cousin said.

maya came out. she had on an oversized blue shirt with oversized dark blue shorts and a black belt.

her hair was messy kind of covering her face. she had on excessive jewelry.

billie admired her. "damn she looks good" zoe said while looking at her then looking at billie. billie was in awe and didn't notice what zoe said. or what anyone said for that matter.

"billie" zoe said while snapping her finger.

"yeah?" billie answered finally snapping out of her trance. "you good girl?" "oh um yeah" zoe looked suspicious.

maya stood in front of the mic. "yo what's good im maya and im going to be playing some songs for you guys, is that alright?"

the crowd cheered in agreement.

maya looked around for billie. when she spotted her, she smiled. billie smiled back and waved.

maya played a couple of songs. she sang & played very well.

"okay so this is the last song" maya started. "it's uh self written and i kind of wrote it 3 hours ago so excuse me if it's terrible"

the crowd laughed.

she started playing.

"i wanna be your vacuum cleaner. breathing in your dust. wanna be your ford cortina. i won't ever rust."

billie payed carful attention to her. she noticed everything about her.

her lips. her eyes. the way she plays guitar.

she was in complete and total awe.

maya made eye contact with billie.

"secrets i have held in my heart. are harder to hide than i thought. maybe i just wanna be yours"

i wanna be yours

i wanna be yours

billie couldn't look away. zoe glanced at billie and maya simultaneously.

she lastly stared at billie & realized something.

she realized billie only ever looked at one person that way.

kobe.