twenty two

"we're gonna be late for school" billie said.

maya and billie were currently at scooter's coffee. maya wanted to get some coffee and food before school.

"man come on the schools not even that far" maya said.

"yeah but you know how picky ms. white is. she's gonna make us go get a pass if we're a millisecond late" billie complained.

maya groaned. "fine we'll go baby"

"thank you" billie said smiling.

they got in the car and headed for school. they arrived 5 minutes early.

"see we're not even late" maya said.

"yeah because i said to leave" billie argued back.

maya scoffed. she squinted at billie's face.

"what" billie asked. "you have something on your face" maya answered.

"where?" billie said beginning to rub her face. "move i got it" maya said. maya moved billie's hand and started rubbing her thumb on billie's face.

she then leaned it and started kissing her.

billie smiled and kissed her back. maya pulled away to look at her face.

"did you get it?" billie asked. "no" maya answered before kissing her again.

"come on we're gonna be late" billie said finally pulling away.

they got out of the car and headed inside the school. maya accidentally bumped into someone.

"oh sorry" maya said picking up the girl's notebook that fell.

"here you g-" maya stopped.

"oh hey maya" emily said.

"what the fuck are you doing here?" maya asked not letting go of the notebook.

"i'm staying at ali's for a while so i transferred here" emily answered.

maya scoffed angrily. "there's 5 other fucking highschools in this city and you just had to choose this one" maya said.

"look if i knew you went here i wouldn't have come" emily defended herself.

"bullshit" maya yelled.

billie grabbed mayas arm. "baby calm down" billie said rubbing her arm.

emily looked at billie jealously. maya looked down at billie and decided to calm down.

"here." maya said handing emily her notebook. "let's go baby" maya said to billie.

maya and billie headed to 1st period not talking to each other.

billie knew how upset maya was over emily. she wanted to ask what went down but she felt like that was a discussion for later.

plus she didn't have to worry about emily.

right?

the school day ended and maya was waiting by her car for billie. billie said she had to get something from zoe.

a few minutes passed and billie was walking out. maya saw her and smiled.

"hi" billie said hugging maya. "had to get my eyeliner" billie said holding up eyeliner.

"so my mom wants to invite you over for dinner" billie said.

"yes" maya answered immediately. billie chuckled.

"well that didn't take much" billie said. "it'll never take much for you" maya said.

*knock knock*

"i'll get it" billie said walking to the door. "hey beautiful" maya said smiling.

"hey baby" billie said smiling.

"here" maya said handing billie 1/3 of the bouquet of roses she was holding. "thank you baby come in" billie said.

maya greeted and handed the rest of the bouquets to claudia and maggie.

"so maya how is school treating you" maggie asked. "no better than it could treat a senior you know" maya answered. "but your daughter makes it better"

the family "awwed". "this is really good mrs. maggie" maya complimented. "thank you" maggie said.

they finished dinner. maya began to wash the dishes.

"oh sweetie it's okay i got it" maggie said. "it's okay mrs. maggie you must be exhausted, go to sleep i got this" maya insisted.

maggie smiled. "please, call me maggie" "ok maggie, get some rest"

maggie patted her shoulder and headed for her room.

she ran into billie and stopped her.

"you found a good one"

billie smiled. "i know"

billie made her way to help maya with the dishes. "thank you beautiful" maya said kissing billie's forehead.

"no problem." billie said back.

they finished the dishes. "can you stay the night?" billie asked.

maya grabbed billie's waist and licked her lips. "why?" maya asked knowing the answer.

"come find out"