Chapter Twenty One

EDITED

Charlie's POV:

With a groan and a tired sigh I push myself up and look around the room. I immediately realise that I'm in the hospital wing. Frowning in confusion I try to recall the most recent events. Bombarded with memories I remember the pain that consumed me while I was comforting my daughters before I obviously passed out.

The door opens and the pack doctor steps in and smiles when she sees me sitting up.

"How are you feeling?" I don't miss the pity looks she flashes my way.

"Like crap." It wasn't too far from the truth. My head hadn't stopped  pounding since I woke up and I had to move gingerly or my stiff back would seize up making me gritt my teeth.

"What happened Doc?"

She looks momentarily worried while writing down something on her clipboard.

"Don't you remember?"

I told her about the pain in my back before passing out but that I didn't know where it came from.

She nods before opening her mouth and telling me in a soft sympathetic voice that the pain I had felt was my mates.  She went on to tell me that because of our stong connection I could some how very vivdly feel everything that was inflicted upon her. As I stared into space for a few minutes she quietly slipped from the room.

Then it hit me. I remember the flash of visions that I saw. Images of Katie being tortured and then the howl of my daughter telling me that she was gone.

My heart clenches painfully as if someone was gripping it in a clenched fist. There's no way she could be gone. Not when I just found her. No. I won't believe it.

Throwing off the blanket I stand up closing my eyes as a wave of dizziness overcomes me. Ignoring the dull pain in my back I grab the clothes on the chair and quickly get dressed. There was too much to do. I have to find Katie. She is probably scared and if those visions tell me anything she's in a world of pain too.

Trying to rain in my wolf I throw open the hospital door letting it slam loudly against the wall. Nodding towards the doctor who thankfully doesn't say anything, I stalk towards my office a list of things to do running frantically through my head.

* "Bryan bring your mate to my office now. We need to have a little chat." I bite out the word chat and I warn my wolf to ease up.

He tells me he will be there immediately but I feel his worry and nervousness through the pack link. He could probably sense my bubbling anger and was thinking of his mate. I quickly inform him that he could be present in my office with his mate.

I try to prepare myself for the interrogation about to take place. I hadn't had the chance to speak with his mate who I believe is called Natasha with everything going on lately. Giving my wolf a pep talk about controlling his anger I finally reach my office and am happy to see Bryan and his mate already waiting for me. Chris is also there standing against the wall.

"Good you're all here. Let's get down to business." I school my features as I address them in my no nonsense tone. Natasha fidgets in her chair and I can see the iron grip she has on her mates hand.

"So your mates." Natasha timidly nods and answers with a "Yes Alpha."

With a nod I ask the burning question on the forefront of my mind.

"Do you know where my mate is? Any idea? Don't bother lying to me and if I find out that you had any part in the disappearance of my mate you will be kicked out of this pack and out on your ass in a heartbeat." I bark.