Chapter Ten

IMPORTANT AUTHORS NOTE AT THE END

Now to the story...EDITED

*****

The next few days were horrible. I was constantly looking behind my back and I was a jittery mess. My wolf and I were on tenderhooks and had to know where our children were at all times. I couldn't be left alone for fear of having another panic attack. Charlie was getting worried. I could see him sneaking glances at me now and again when he thought I wasn't looking.

I knew the situation with the rogues that attacked me was having an effect on him too. He became more protective of me and our pups if that was even possible. After my breakdown outside upon seeing the bracelet that haunts my dreams, Charlie called a meeting and made a list of new rules. One being that our kids and I couldn't go anywhere without someone as an escort. It was sweet at first but now its getting ridiculous. I don't need someone to watch over me while I pee! After a heated discussion with Charlie he finally allowed my escort to stand outside the bathroom door instead.

Charlie was constantly calling meetings with the pack warriors and patrol wolves. Patrols were doubled and training was extended. Our kids still train the pack and I love to watch them so carefree and happy. They too are scared of what's to come even if their father has assured their safety. Only them and I know what these rogues are truly capable of. They will do anything to get what they want and it scares me to the core. We won't be safe until their dead. Allison and Jake have been trying to distract me but nothing can stop my mind from wondering and unfortunately that's what causes my many panic attacks.

I look out the kitchen window where my kids and mate are training the pack. Charlie made me sit out today saying I need to rest. I grumble under my breath as I grip my hot mug of coffee tightly. The phone rings and I move to answer it.

"Hello?"

Silence. I frown and look down at the screen to make sure I did in fact answer.

"Hello?" I try again. Raspy breathing fills my ears and my heart thumps frantically in my chest. Just as I am about to hang up a familiar voice echoes down the phone.

"Soon sweetie....soon."

The line goes dead as I let out a frightened scream. The receiver shakes in my hand as I place it on the counter. I slide down the wall and bring my knees to my chest. Tears flow freely from my eyes as I shake uncontrollably. This can't be happening. I was slowly starting to forget that sinister voice that would send chills down a dead mans spine and now after hearing it so clearly... A sob escapes my lips.

Why? Why now? Why can't I just live a happy life with my beautiful children and loving mate? Through my whimpers and pathetic cries I faintly hear the sliding door to the kitchen open. I hear a startled gasp.

"Alpha?! Alpha come quick!" I hear a voice holler. I hear loud footsteps running into the kitchen.

"Katie sweetie? What happened? Are you hurt?" Charlie growls. I cry some more as I listen to his panicked voice. I look up from my curled ball and see worried pack members gathered around the kitchen. Charlie wraps his strong arms around me and rubs soothing circles on my back. As my sobs beging to die down he asks the question evident on everyones mind.

"Katie babe? Tell me what happened." I sniffle and try to calm myself by taking a large breath.

"T-the phone rang so I answered it. I-It was him. He told me he would see me very soon." My lip quivers as I bury my face into his chest.

"He's coming for me." I choke out. Charlie growls and I am surprised to hear more than one growl erupt from the room. My mates arms tighten considerably.