Chapter Twenty Four

EDITED

Charlie's POV:

My paws pound rythemically against the soil as I lead half my pack through the undergrowth. My wolf was on high alert and very close to the surface. Only a little thing will set me off. I could feel the packs emotions through the link. Their worry for their Luna and their determination and anger.

As we got closer to our destination an idea popped into my head. I open my link with my family and pinpoint Dani. I then try to concentrate and nudge myself into her head. Nothing happened at first but I could finally feel something. I could sense that her wolf is hibernating making me frown in worry. I try to call out to her.

* "Dani, Dani? ....Are you there sweetheart?"

I feel myself holding my breath as I wait for a sign that she heard me. I stumble over a log when I hear her voice fill my head.

* "Dad? Dad!"

I couldn't hold back my smile and all the pent up air whooshes from my lumgs as I sigh in relief.

* "Sweetheart, oh thank goddess you answered! Are you okay? Listen we are on our way. We know where you are and we are coming for you and your mom! Where is she? I know she's alive I can still feel her but she's not answering. Is she there?" I couldn't help the panic seep through my voice. My wolf was clawing to get to our mate and daughter.

I pull to a stop causing everyone with me to stop as well. Chris pads over to me and gives me a questioning look. Ignoring him I listen to Dani's answer.

* "Dad it's so good to hear your voice. I'm alright..aunt Alison is...okay I guess but I don't know about mom. She was taken out of here a few days ago and we haven't seen her since." I feel her pain through the link and my wolf whimpers wanting to protect his pup.

* "I-I don't know dad...a-about mom. I-I" Her voice catches at the end and I knew she was crying.

* " Ssh sweetheart I know..we are almost there so stay strong. Is there anything you can tell me?" At this point I was practically fishing for any type of information that could help us in our attack. Looking around I could see the pack anxiously waiting. Jake walks over with his Beta Vince and stands in front of me.

I shift back and Chris hands me a pair of shorts as he too shifts. Jake and Vince follow and soon were standing in a circle surrounded by members of both packs. I quickly explain what's happening before turning back to my conversation with Dani.

"I've contacted Dani. They're okay but she's going to inform me of the situation." I can feel everyone become anxious while waiting for more news.

* "Umm yeah there are at least three guards at our door but I don't know where we are even located. I am with five other prisoners...no make that six. Four women, a young child and a newborn. We are in need of serious medical attention dad and please tell your warriors to be careful with the other women when coming into our cell area. They have been through so much so they'll be terrified of contact with men. Do you have women with you?" The seriousness of the situation finally sunk in when she asked that particular question. And then the other information finally sunk in. A child? A newborn!

* " Yeah sweetheart. I have female warriors with me as well and three pack doctors. Two from our pack and one from your uncle Jake's pack. Now..when you say newborn?"

Her answer had me sucking in a breath and cursing aloud as well as through the mindlink.

* "Ollie was born a few hours ago."

Anger. That's the main emotion that consumes me. How? Just how? A newborn?

Plans on how to deal with the situation start running through my head. I say goodbye telling Dani that we had arrived and she would be safe soon. Cutting off the link I turn to everyone else.