Chapter Seven

Edited

Katie's POV:

I lay in my bed eyes open, wide awake. I couldn't sleep after Charlie put me to bed. His arm is wrapped tightly around my waist. The morning sun streams through the curtains. I turn my head to see the small clock sitting on my bedside locker.

6:42 am.

I decide to get up since I've been lying awake for the past five hours. I quickly dress in sweatpants and a tanktop. I throw my hair up in a messy bun.

I don't bother to wake up Charlie as I stare at his peaceful form. At least someone can sleep. I immediately walk to Damien's hospital room hoping to see him sitting up in bed with a smile on his face. I open the door and I am not surprised when I am met with the beeping of the monitor. I sigh heavily. I quietly walk to his bedside. I clutch his hand and kiss his forehead.

I stare at his sleeping angelic face as his chest rises and falls gently. I leave the room making my way to the kitchen. Pack members run around preparing for the Silverclaw pack. I walk past everyone ignoring the sympathetic and pity looks. I stroll emotionlessly to the back garden and sit in the middle of the clearing. I breathe in the scents of nature to calm myself.

I roll my shoulders to ease the tension.The sky is coated with different colours as if a painter took a brush to a canvas. I smile softly as the colours blend harmoniously with each other. A beautiful morning sunrise.

I just sit there staring at the breathtaking view. Rose whispers softly breaking me from my small trance.

* " He will be okay." She starts. I nod, the only sign that she would know I heard her.

* "He will wake up and we will meet our old friends from the visiting pack. We will train hard and soon we will fight. The rogues will probably attack but we will be ready. When they do we will win." She tells me sternly.

* "There will be no more deaths. Our kids have lost too much....WE have lost too much. With the help of our ally pack we can beat the rogues who took our happiness. We will fight for our kids and for the parents and pack that they lost. For our mate Austin and old pack that we lost almost two years ago." Tears prick my eyes at the mention of our past.

* "We will fight for our mate Charlie and the Blue Blood pack that we love so much. We will fight for our kids and family." She pauses taking a deep breath "We will fight for our past, present and future. We will kill those son of a b****** !! Damien will wake up and we WILL have a happy future. Now please don't be upset. I hate to see you like this." She pleads.

I'm crying by the end of her little speech. She's right. I need to be optimistic and be a proper loving mother to my other nine children.We need to prepare for the rogues and for the arrival of the Silverclaw pack.

* "Thank you." I say sincerely.

She yips in response. I laugh wiping away the stray tears. I hear more movement in the kitchen meaning more people are up. I walk back into the kitchen with a smile etched on my face. I offer to help some of the women with their preparations. I spend about an hour talking to the ladies of the pack who I help clean and cook with.

We got a lot done and soon we had the place looking spic 'n' span with a mouthwatering dinner prepared. I sit down and chat to the women as they talk fondly of my kids. Speaking of the little devils. My babies walk into the kitchen, no, correction drag themselves into the kitchen. They look wrecked with big dark circles under the eyes.

Josh yawns tiredly which starts off a chain reaction and soon all of my kids are covering their faces to supress a yawn. I am too concerned to laugh. I pick Dakota up and she rests her head sleepily on my shoulder. Josh clings to my leg in order to keep standing up. I sigh.