Chapter One

Edited(to the best of my ability)

"Faster! Sprint! Sprint!"

"Come on you can do it!" I yell encouragingly.

All of my eight kids run past the line panting. I stop the watch and smile.

"26 seconds!" I state proudly.

They smile big grins patting each other on the back.

"Get some water and rest. We are finished with training today."

"Okay Alpha." They say each giving me a kiss on the cheek as they pass.

"Take Josh with you." I hand my youngest to my oldest as he passes. Josh can't partake in training as he is too young. I sit down and sigh.

Let me introduce myself. My name is Katie Knight. I am seventeen years old and I am a rogue. I found my mate Austin when I was only sixteen. We were madly in love and had been together for three months. A group of rogues attacked my pack killing everyone including my mate. My whole pack were wiped out. I am the only one that survived. My parents died when I was younger and I had no siblings so the pack was my family and I lost them and my mate....all on the same day.

Austin died in my arms. His last words were "Katie my love. I'm sorry I can't grow old with you. But please live your life and find someone else to love, start a family, be happy. I love you." He passed away after that. A tear trickles down my face at the memory.

I can remember my wolf howliing in pain from the loss of our mate. I felt like half of me was dying. I cried for days in the same spot through rain, thunder and lightning. I couldn't move. As the sun rose on the fourth day I snapped. The rogues had escaped before I could kill them. I was angry. I wouldn't let them get away with this. I was going to hunt those bastards down and kill them. I got up and buried my beloved mate. I took his necklace and tied it around my neck along with his ring. Now he will be with me always.

I took off and ran for six months. I was utterly depressed. I couldn't concentrate. I was so out of it that I didn't see the pack of rogues snarling in front of me.

The same pack that killed my mate. I saw red.

I fought with all I had but I was too weak. They left me there after they raped me. It was sickening. I remember begging for death. Anything was better than this torture. They left me bleeding wounded on the ground, knife in my stomach and cuts everywhere else. I was still human so I limped to the nearest town which was nearby. When I arrived at the hospital I was immediately treated.

I woke up the next morning to the most heartbreaking news after the death of my mate. The doctor told me I was so badly injured that I will never have a baby. I cried. No pups. I could never start a family. I left after that because I didnt want them questioning my speed of recovery.

I left a changed woman. I felt hollow. Alone.

I walked through the woods grief stricken. My blood ran cold. I didn't want to live anymore.

No mate. No love. No pups. No family.

No future.

As I was dragging my sorry ass to a clearing, I heard crying. My ears perked up. I stepped into the clearing and gasped when I found a group of young children sobbing holding each other. I approached them, careful not to scare them.

I changed back and they shifted too. Their pack had been attacked like mine and their parents killed. They were orphans but only for a day. That was the day I adopted them as my own and became their mother.

Now let me tell you about my eight kids.

The youngest is Josh, a two year old boy. He has curly brown hair and green eyes with gold specks. Dakota is four. She has short black hair and blue eyes. She is my little vixen. Always up to mischief.