Chapter Thirteen

EDITED

******************

Shoutouts to                 @CandleValentine

                                                And

                                       @Normal_Is_Deadly    :D

Thanks for the comments! Keep them coming:D

******************

Katie's POV:

"What?!" Luke and Alison scream from beside me. I stare at Bryan and the mystery rogue who he claims to be his mate. The young woman meets my eyes but quickly bows her head just as fast. I let my wolf come close to the surface to see if the rogue was any danger. I had a hunch that something wasn't right and that we were missing some important information.

Rose seemed satisfied that she wasn't any danger for now but just in case I send a message throught the mindlink to the guards to watch the kids closely. I had already sent them updates frequently so they knew we had found Dani. Dani!

I step forward but Bryan misinterprets my move and growls warningly. I knew he was just protecting his mate but I am still his Luna.

"Bryan." I warn with a little Alpha power. "I am just checking on my daughter."

When he moves I immediately run to Dani on the ground. I pick her up gently checking for any injuries and sigh with relief when I don't see any major ones maybe just a few  light bruises. I contain the growl that I was fighting to release and turn to a waiting Luke who opens his arms. I place Dani into his arms so I can deal with the rogue without having to worry about her being harmed in any way.

"Right. Explain."

She looks scared and nervous so I give her a small smile in order for her to relax. A look of surprise crosses her face before she bursts into tears. Bryan runs to her and pulls her into a warm embrace. She sobs in his arms as he whispers words of comfort into her ear. I wait until her crying seizes before asking her questions. I need her to be ready so I can get information quickly. She turns to me sniffling, some tears still present on her face.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I didn't mean for any of this to happen!" She pleads. I hear the honest truth in her words which realxes me slightly but I still couldn't forget that this rogue had kidnapped my daughter.

"You have to tell me what you mean. You did kidnap my daughter!" I hear a rumble coming from Bryans chest, his wolf obviously not liking the accusation directed at his mate. Luke growls lowly in response, a clear warning to Bryan and his wolf to watch his next move. I take a calming breath just as the rogue begins to speak.

"My name is Natasha. I-I'm not a rogue. Well I guess I am but I'm not with the rogues. I was taken from my family along with my young sister. She was only five at the time and I was sixteen. We were locked up in a cell and neglected of food and water. We never got to see the outside for long only every morning when we were brought to the building being used as a packhouse and made clean every surface. As the years passed we became known as their slaves. We would be punished if we didn't get our chores done but I took my sisters punishments. Having to watch me being tortured is punishment enough at such a young age. And that is why I am here today. To protect my little sister. I am truly sorry for what I did. I was supposed to pull a child away from the group so the rogues could use them as ransom and if I didn't...."

Her voice chokes up as she begins to cry again. Bryan looked like he was in physical pain and I was surprised that their mate bond was already so strong.