Chapter Five

Edited

We hadn't even started yet and we already had an audience. I look over at Charlie. He smiles and waves. I wave back but a tugging on my top stops me.

"Mummy." I look down at a pouting Josh.

"What's up buttercup?" I say in a funny voice. He giggles like crazy and my heart swells at the sound. I crouch down to his level and look at him when I notice the tears in his eyes . I frown opening up my arms.

He steps into them hugging me tightly. He whispers in my ear.

"Mummy, why do people say bad things about you and our family?" I look at him shocked.

"What are you talking about?" A tear escapes his eye and he whispers barely audible. "I didn't know we were unwanted freaks."

I gasp catching peoples attention."Who told you that?" I ask lowly.

He points to a bunch of guys. I look closely and growl ferociously. There stands a group and in the middle I recognise the three  idiots from the airport. Oh hell no!

* "Kids go for a run be back in ten minutes." Damien looks at me questionly but nods. They all shift and run through the trees.

Charlie and the Beta come walking forward. "All your kids can shift?" They ask in disbelief. 

It's rare but not uncommon. I simply nod but don't stop walking.

I'm a woman on a mission.

Charlie sees my anger and follows me. I'm shaking barely controlling myself. I reach the group.

"You. You. And you." I point at the jerks. They turn when they hear my voice and visibly pale. They clutch their manlihood.

I smirk. At least they remember.

"What do you want?" One asks not too nicely.

"Your lives." I seethe. They look terrified. Charlie steps forward.

"Katie, what is this about?"

"Your pack members have no respect for me or my kids." I say angrily. "These three d!cks made Dakota cry and now made Josh upset by telling them things that no little child should hear!" I scream. I step closer to Charlie.

"If your pack doesn't start treating me and my family with the respect we deserve then I will pack up and leave and never come back." Charlie looks sad and Rose is growling at me for making him upset but I ignore her.

"That's an empty threat." Guy #2 sneers.

I glare at him then at Charlie."It's a promise." I then turn and walk to the middle of the field. I sense the kids just behind the trees obviously waiting until I had finished my little rant.

"Attention." I call. My kids come running out of the trees .I hand them extra clothes and they stand in their lines.

"100 press ups, 100 sit ups, 20 laps of the field, 50 jump 'n' jacks, 50 crunches and 50 log lifts." They don't complain and immediately drop to the floor to start. The pack on the other hand gasp and whisper.

I run to the forest and grab a log perfect for a weight. I bring it back to the clearing and I join my kids on the ground. Ignoring the stunned faces of the pack and my mate, I quickly pass the kids but I wait so we can all start the sit ups together.

Less then fifteen minutes later we have the warm ups finished.

"Okay since we have the warm ups done-"

"What?! That's only a warm up?" A loud screeching noise attacks my ears. I turn and roll my eyes when I see the blond Barbie that spoke.

"Omg I'm so not doing that if we have to do that in training. That looks way too hard and I just got my nails done." She whines. Her sidekicks nod in agreement.