Chapter Twenty Two

*Okay guys there is a warning for a part of this chapter. It contains material that some may find disturbing.

EDITED

Charlie's POV

"Thank you all for coming in such short notice but this meeting is of utmost importance." I stare down at my pack, their curious and nervous faces peering back at me. They can sense something is wrong just by the atmosphere in the room.

"Thanks to Bryan's mate we have a location of my mate and your Luna." Immediately the air shifts as everyone comes to attention at the sudden news.

"From here on out everyone is on lockdown. All women who aren't warriors please take the children to the bunker. I want people to stay behind for protection while the rest make their way to the armour room. I want people in wolf form and in human form with weapons." Looking around I feel a new sense of hope flicker in my chest at the now determined expressions littering the hall. Taking a deep breath I continue.

"I'm not going to sugar coat the truth. The man that took my mate and daughter is a sadist and murderer. He has wiped out packs and has killed mercilessly. This man needs to be stopped and the only way is death. I don't care who kills him. I would preferably want to kill him myself after everything he has done but as of now I just want that scum dead. From the pain I experienced only a day ago I can imagine your Luna is not in the best shape." I have to take a moment to compose myself but in my silence a man stands up in the crowd.

"Alpha we will do everything in our power to bring our Luna back safely with your daughter and the Beta's mate. You have our word and we will stand beside you on your mission to take this @ss down." He then proceeds to get on one knee placing a clenched fist over his heart bowing his head. A true sign of respect to an Alpha and I feel my heart swell with pride for my pack as each person follows the man's example.

As everyone stands up I nod in thanks not trusting my voice to speak.

"The meeting is dismissed now lets get ready and find our Luna!"

Cheers fill the room as everyone disperses leaving me with Bryan, Chris and Ben.

"Bryan you're staying here, I need someone to take care of the pack while we are gone. Chris you're with me and Ben you stay too. I'm giving you the most important job. Taking care of my kids.
You can have Luke and Shawn with you. Just remember if anything happens to them it's your head." He nods before walking away. I don't miss the relieved expression that washes over Bryan's face when he hears that he is staying. He wouldn't be any good to me anyway being newly mated and all. He would be easily distracted worrying about his mate.

"Come on we have loads to do. We leave in two hours and I estimate about an hour run to get there."

Katie's POV:

'Mummy look look over here.'

"Hmm?" My head rolls to the side as my eyes flutter open.

'Mummy come on let's play hide and seek!'