Chapter Four

Edited

We agreed to stay in the pack house. We got six rooms. Holly and Molly, Victor and Damien, Jason and Mason, Josh and Dakota, Dani and Rachel. Of course I got my own room.

It was now 7:30pm. My kids were in their rooms and I was lying on my bed. A knock sounds on my door causing me to frown in confusion. I sniff the air and groan. Rolling off the bed, I rip the door open.

"What?" I snap.

"Can we talk?" He asks but I can still see the anger in his eyes.

"No." I curtly answer.

"Please I want to apologise." I look into his eyes to see he is telling the truth but a part of me couldn't let go. Taking a few seconds to argue with my wolf I open the door and Charlie walks in. I sit on the bed and wait for him to talk. He sighs.

"I am so sorry for what I said to you. I never should have jumped to conclusions and called you a whore." I listen intently but I'm not going to forgive him that easily.

"You didn't let me explain." I say calmly. "You accepted me. You told me you would love me no matter what." My voice rises as I scream my frustration.

"You promised you wouldn't get mad and then you called me a whore!" I shout. "And in front of my children!" He looks pained as he listens to me rant. He steps forward and I couldn't help but notice the electric currents pulsing around us as he stepped into my personal space.

"I know please forgive me." I stare at him and only see sincerity in his eyes.

"Does that mean you accept me and my children?" I ask timidly.

"Of course." He replys without hesitation. I smile.

"Okay but my kids are not happy with you so you need to make it up to them." I tell him. He nods.

He looks down at my lips and looks in my eyes asking for permission. I blush but nod and he bends down kissing me softly. His lips are soft. Sparks erupt where our lips touch.

"Dinner is ready." He says pulling my hand and out the door.

"Okay." I whisper breathless. We walk  hand in hand down into the large hall where the pack are waiting to eat. I can't wipe the smile off my face. The Beta looks behind me.

"Where are your kids?" I laugh and turn to the door.

"Kids!" I yell "If you don't get down here in twenty seconds I will go all Halloween on your asses." I turn around and sit down quietly. I look at my stopwatch.

11,12,13. Thundering footsteps are heard down the stairs and burst into the room. I look up to see my kids standing in a group by the door with nervous faces.

"19.33 seconds." I tell them.

They sigh in relief taking a seat. Josh sits inbetween Charlie and I. From the corner of my eye I see a sh!t eating grin on my mate's face as Josh giggles and babbles on about his day. A chuckle leaves my lips watching them interact. My wolf was howling with pride watching our family together for the first time. Bryan the TIC asks the question on everyones mind.

"What Halloween thing were you talking about?" He asks curiously. I look at Damien who nods and answers.

"At Halloween last year, as part of our training." He pauses for effect. "Our mum came up with a new idea."

Dani then takes over. "Mum took us one by one into the woods-"

"Blindfolded!" Rachel chimes in.

"And basically we had to use our senses to find our way out of the woods again." Finishes Victor. The pack gasps in horror. Dakota pipes in, excitement evident in her voice.