Chapter Three

Edited

I was fuming along with my wolf. How dare he! I speed down the road. Crap, where are we going to go? One things for sure. No way in hell am I going back there tonight.

I look in the rearview mirror to see most of my kids sleeping. We have been driving for about an hour looking for a motel. I drive into the nearest town and find a cheap motel. I then buy two adjoining rooms. With the help of Damien I carry the little ones into the rooms and place them on the beds.

Once everyone is in bed and asleep I put the kettle on. I sit down in a brown smelly armchair. I wrinkle my nose in disgust. On second thoughts I won't. I stand up and look around. I spot a stool stuck in the corner. That will do. I pour my coffee and look at my watch. 7:11am

I groan and rub my hands on my face. I'll let the kids sleep for a few hours and then we will train. What? You think that just because we are in another ones territory we wouldn't have our regular training. No it's a routine and the kids are used to it by now.

I hold the mug in between my hands savouring the warmth. I think back to what happened a few hours earlier. First he accepted me. He told me he would love me no matter what. He promised me he wouldn't get mad, now look where that got us. I grip the mug tighter to stop my shaking hands.

Maybe I was asking for to much? To be accepted aswell as my kids? He should have at least let me explain. I drink the rest of the hot liquid and decide to check on my babies. I look around the room. Mason, Jason, Holly and Molly are sleeping on one bed. The mates hands intertwined with small smiles on their faces.

I smile at the sight. Young love. In the bed across from them lie Dakota and Victor. When I know that they are okay I step into the next adjoining room. There are two beds and a cot. Dani and Rachel are sleeping in one bed facing each other. They must have dozed off while talking to each other.

Damien has a bed to himself. I walk silently over to the cot. I see the lump in the blankets and I gently pull it back. I gasp and my wolf stirs.

Josh is gone! I start to panic and I feel my eyes turn black signalling my wolf Rose has taken over. I sniff the air but relax when I sense he is still in the room. But where?

I walk closer to Damiens bed and lift the cover. I release a breath of relief but I couldn't help but chuckle.There tucked under Damiens arm is a softly snoring Josh. He looks so peaceful. Josh must have woken up and Damien let him sleep with him. I quietly exit the room.

I sit on a couch leaning up against the wall. I close my eyes and slowly relax and drift off into a dreamless sleep. I'm abruptly woken up by a knock on the door. I growl softly. The idiot is going to wake up my kids!

I rush into the next room where the sound is enimating from. I open the door before they knock loudly again. I am met with the Beta and who I believe to be the Third in Command. Thank the Moon Goddess it wasn't my mate. I don't want to see him just yet. My wolf starts to protest but I tune her out.

"What?" I snap.

"Please come back and train us? The rogues are getting stronger and are multiplying in numbers. We need to know how to fight properly." The Beta pleads.

"What are your names?"

"Beta Chris and Bryan is Third in Command." I nod and invite them in. They sit down on a couch keeping quiet when they see my sleeping children.

"So your pack is actually your family and kids?" Bryan asks.

I nod. "Yes."

"Impressive."

Second Chance At Life. Second Chance At Love.जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें