𝙎𝙚𝙚𝙢𝙨 𝙄 𝒄𝒂𝒏'𝙩 𝒈𝒆𝒕 𝒆𝙣𝙤𝙪𝙜𝙝 𝙤𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙨𝙚 𝙙𝙖𝙮𝙨, 𝘾𝙖𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙡𝙡𝙖𝙣

LANA

LANA

"ARE YOU SURE YOU HAVE EVERYTHING?" Luke asked his younger sister.

Lana was almost done packing, her backpack filled with clothes, toiletries, snacks, and a couple of other necessities. She sheathed the gold dagger Luke gave her to her hip to bring a small part of him on the quest.

"I can assure you that I have everything. You literally watched me pack." Lana replied, zipping her backpack up.

Luke sighed and looked at his sister with a sadden look. "Your first quest."

Lana felt her joy fade away as she faced him.

As excited as she was, she was scared of doing something without Luke and Annabeth by her side. They have been with her for the past seven years and she was finally taking her first big step without either of them.

"I know you aren't thrilled that I'm going, but all that training will finally be put to good use. This is what I've been training for, what I've been waiting for since I got to camp." She sighed, looking at her headboard that was filled with so many memories. "I just don't want to leave camp with you disappointed in me."

Luke pulled his younger sister into his arms, squeezing her tightly. "I could never be disappointed in you, Al." He kissed the top of her head. "I know you'll do amazing on your own. It just sucks that I can't be there with you to stop you from doing something stupid."

She pulled away slightly to look into the eyes that were identical to her own. "I'll tell you everything if I come back."

"When you come back." He corrected her. She flashed him a wide smile. "And I can't wait to hear all about it." His expression didn't necessarily connect with his words.

"You better still be here when I come back." She pointed a stern finger at him. "No dying or getting kicked out."

He laughed, much to her annoyance. "What have I always promised you, Lana?"

She rolled her eyes. "You made that promise to me when I was five."

"It's still a promise I plan to keep. Now, what was that promise?"

She crossed her arms and gave him a bored look. "That you would never leave me."

"And I won't. I promised that nine years ago and I am still following through with it to this day. Another ten days won't be too much for me to handle."

She nodded her head, her emotions transitioning from excitement to nervousness. She couldn't help but let the negative thoughts swirl in her head, telling her that she would fail.

He could see the change in her expression. "Hey, what's wrong?"

"I'm scared, Luke. I'm really scared." She looked at him with panicked eyes. "What if I don't succeed and we fail? What if I mess up and cost us the whole mission? Grover and Percy are counting on me and I feel like I'm going to disappoint them and everyone else here at camp."