𝙂𝙤𝙤𝙙𝙣𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩, 𝘽𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙝𝙙𝙖𝙮 𝘽𝙤𝙮

LANA

LANA

For the next couple of weeks, Lana had gotten used to living a normal life. Or at least trying too.

She's gone grocery shopping with Sally, hung out at the park with Percy, and found new hobbies that she never knew she enjoyed.

But it was still very weird for her. She felt like a child experiencing the world for the first time, but she wouldn't have it any other way.

When she was at home doing nothing, she would occasionally iris-message Annabeth. The two would spend hours talking to each other about their different adventures of the day and laugh until their stomachs hurt.

Lana missed her best friend dearly, but she was happy that they were both living out their dream. Even if they weren't doing it together like they initially wanted.

While it was becoming easier being a normal kid, it was still difficult to push thoughts of her brother out of her mind. She would still find herself thinking about him, wondering what he was doing and if he was okay.

The pain that used to consume her whenever Luke entered her mind still lingered, its presence constantly looming over her. Before she would go to bed, she would sit by the bedroom window and stare up at the moon. She knew it was crazy, but a small part of her believed that he was doing the same.

Or at least, it granted her comfort to think he was doing the same.

Currently, Lana and Sally were preparing for Percy's birthday.

The birthday boy himself was still in a deep sleep. He never got up before twelve in the afternoon, which left plenty of time for the two women to go to the store and grab all of the things they needed for the day.

Lana felt slightly awkward being alone with Percy's mom. It was only their second time being in this situation, the first being when Sally helped her brush her hair in the bathroom. Other than that, Percy's presence always accompanied them.

The Daughter of Hermes tried her best to stay on her best behavior and not wander off. She found it rather difficult, seeing as she wanted to explore everything around her. Her curiosity only grew when they entered Key Food. 

"I usually only make Percy a cake for his birthday, but with your help," Sally looked down at Lana with a kind smile on her face, "I think we can cook up a few more things."

Lana tried to hide her grimace. "Oh, I'm not sure I'll be much help. I've never baked or cooked anything in my life."

"We'll do it together."

Lana's mind flashed back to when Percy said those exact words to her.

Like mother, like son.

The two continued walking around, grabbing different ingredients while also keeping their eyes peeled for anything Percy would like as a gift.