𝙏𝙖𝙡𝙠 𝙩𝙤 𝙢𝙚, 𝙇𝙤𝙣

PERCY

PERCY

AFTER WHAT HAPPENED BETWEEN PERCY AND LANA, things had been...awkward. He remembered how fast his heart was hammering back in the strawberry fields. With her being so close and squirming on top of him, she wasn't doing anything to make the situation any better. He already could barely think whenever he was around her and with the added friction that was happening between them....he thought he was a goner.

He had to keep his eyes closed because the mere sight of her straddling his lap with her lips only inches away...he was having a difficult time withholding his temptations. The last thing he wanted to do was something that would ruin their friendship.

He worried that she had felt him through their clothes and he mentally cursed at himself. For the past week, Lana avoided him like the plague whenever she could and they began to see each other less and less. It was absolute torture for him. He felt as if he was going through a withdrawal.

It didn't help either that Tantalus was constantly breathing down his neck.

Then, there was Tyson moving into the Poseidon cabin, giggling to himself every fifteen seconds and saying, "Percy is my brother?" like he'd just won the lottery.

"Aw, Tyson," He'd say. "It's not that simple."

But there was no explaining it to him. He was in heaven. And Percy...as much as he liked the big guy, he couldn't help feeling embarrassed. Ashamed.

And then there were the comments from the other campers. Suddenly, he wasn't Percy Jackson, the cool guy who'd retrieved Zeus's lightning bolt last summer. Now he was Percy Jackson, the poor schmuck with the ugly monster for a brother.

He was angry at his dad. He felt like being his son was now a joke.

James tried to make him feel better. He would crack jokes and do whatever he could to make him smile, but it was pointless. The only remedy Percy needed and wanted was a 5'2, curly head girl with magnificent brown eyes. And she seemed like she wanted nothing to do with him.

"And I was like, ain't no way! And then -"

"How's Lana doing?" Percy interjected James's story. He didn't want to seem like a shitty friend, but he felt as if he was actually losing his mind. All he could possibly think about was Lana.

James blinked. "Um, she's good. She's been talking to that Ethan guy a lot more than usual, though."

Percy whipped his head towards his friend. "What, why?"

The blonde shrugged. "I don't know." He tilted his head to the side. "Is everything okay, man? Did something happen between you and Lana?"

The son of Poseidon's mind instantly flashed back to that moment in the strawberry fields. How she felt sitting on top of him, how good she smelled, how kissable she looked. He shook his head to rid his mind of those desirable thoughts.