𝙎𝙝𝙚. 𝙄𝙨𝙣'𝙩. 𝙔𝙤𝙪.

LANA

LANA

Summer ended too fast in Lana's opinion.

The first day of school was tomorrow and she had no idea what she was going to be walking into.

Sally had arranged for Lana and Percy to attend a public school that was a couple of blocks down. The older woman believed it was best for the two demi-gods to come home after school instead of dorming.

Lana knew it was because Sally was worried about her and she was thankful that she didn't have to share a room with random teenage girls.

It also seemed to make Percy happy to know that he could see his mom, instead of going a whole year without her. It was a win-win choice for everyone.

Lana didn't know how to feel about attending school for the first time in nine years. A part of her was excited, but the other half was completely terrified. What if she did something stupid or stuttered in front of a group of people? What if she trips in the hall or drops her lunch on someone?

There were so many things that could go wrong and that thought alone made her stomach swirl.

Lana was currently sitting on the fire escape, staring up at the moon. She knew that the glowing orb could help ease her worries and calm her thoughts. But now, it only seemed to remind her of old times. Good times. Happy times.

She tried to rid them from her mind as quickly as they invaded it. The last thing she wanted was to be sad the night before school started.

She heard a slight shuffle behind her and looked over her shoulder. Percy was standing there, toothbrush in his mouth, and his head tilted to the side. He mumbled something that she wasn't able to make out.

"What?" She questioned.

He opened his mouth slightly bigger. "I said, what are you doing outside?"

"Just...enjoying the fresh air."

He stared at her with slightly squinted eyes. Then, he held up one finger and walked away from the window.

She stared after him, but eventually refocused her attention on the beautiful scene in front of her.

"Mind if I join you?" He said a couple of minutes later.

"Be my guest," she replied and scooted herself to the side to give him more space. He hopped through the window and gingerly took the seat beside her.

He stayed silent, keeping his own eyes focused on the moon, but she could feel his gaze drift over to her occasionally.

"A thought for a thought?" He questioned after five minutes of silence.

She smiled at the mention of their old deal. "Shoot."

"Tell me what's on your mind."

She sighed and bent her knees to her chest before wrapping her arms around them. "It's just...I don't know."