𝘽𝙧𝙤𝙬𝙣 𝙚𝙮𝙚𝙨 𝙬𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙣𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙢𝙮 𝙛𝙖𝙫𝙤𝙧𝙞𝙩𝙚 𝙪𝙣𝙩𝙞𝙡 𝙄 𝙨𝙖𝙬 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙨

LANA

LANA

THE LAST THING LANA REMEMBERED SHE WAS doing was falling asleep in her bed in Cabin Eleven, but when she opened her eyes, she was somewhere different. Somewhere unfamiliar.

Lush grass laid beneath her and large trees with unbloomed flowers littered the grounds.

"Alana." A voice called. A voice that brought a shiver down her spine.

Turning her head, she found the person she was least expecting. Everything new around her began to make sense. She wished she could wake up from her dream that was beginning to turn into a nightmare.

"Hermes." She breathed out, sitting up from where she was lying on the floor.

The God of Speed ​​​​and Travel stood before her in his usual attire: A bright blue tracksuit. His light brown hair was styled elegantly and a warm expression was on his face, but Lana knew better. She knew that there was nothing caring or gentle about the man standing before her.

His face scrunched in displeasure. "Alana, I am your father. Why don't you title me that?"

She stood from the ground and stared at him, shocked by how real he appeared to be. Just looking at him made a blazing fire ignite within her. "I'm your daughter. You should know that I like being called Lana instead of Alana , but you don't."

He sighed and bowed his head in disappointment. She wasn't sure if the negative emotion was directed at her or himself, but she didn't care. She just wanted him gone.

He faced her once more. "You were asking for help."

She crossed her arms over her chest. "I've been asking for help for years and all of a sudden you want to show up?" She waved a dismissing hand. "I didn't need you back then and I certainly don' t need you now."

He inhaled before exhaling deeply, his blue eyes shining with hurt. "Why are you behaving this way, Alana?" She squeezed her eyes shut in annoyance. "After years of us not speaking, this is how you plan on treating me?"

"What do you want? A medal for finally choosing to talk to me after you blatantly ignored me?" She threw her hands up in exasperation. "Don't think I'm stupid, father . I know the only reason you came to talk to me is because of Luke."

He remained quiet with his face grim.

She groaned. "You can't even lie and say that you came to see me ? What kind of father are you?"

Hermes sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "I always want to be honest and patient with you, Alana, but you have been making that very difficult as of late."

She couldn't believe what she was hearing. Her jaw was practically on the floor from how speechless she was. A humorless laugh slipped past her lips and she could practically feel tears slipping from the corners of her eyes.