𝙄'𝙡𝙡 𝙨𝙚𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙖𝙜𝙖𝙞𝙣

LANA

LANA

"We got a lot of new demi-gods over the winter session," Annabeth informed Lana.

The two girls were having their weekly iris-message with one another and updating each other on new happenings in their life.

"Why do you figure that is?" Lana questioned, getting herself ready for bed.

Annabeth was reorganizing all of her belongings into her suitcase. She would be returning to camp earlier than Lana and Percy, seeing as she was camp counselor for the Athena Cabin. Her presence was needed to help maintain order throughout camp.

"The gods know they'll need help if a war breaks out. What better way to do it than round up all your kids and prepare them for war." Annabeth answered sadly.

That made Lana angry. "All our parents care about is themselves." She muttered annoyed, taking her hair out of the bun it was in.

"Lon," Annabeth cautioned, turning to look directly at her.

"I'm being serious, Annie. They don't give a rat's ass about us. Don't you hear yourself? All these kids have their own lives to live and the Olympians are taking that away from them to fight in a war they could potentially die from."

"I know it sounds bad. Believe me, but we can't do anything to stop it. In the end, we do need all the help we can get. We don't know what might happen in a couple of years."

Lana squeezed her eyes shut and rested her hands on Percy's desk. Her head hung between her arms. "I know, I know."

The two continued doing what they were previously accomplishing. They didn't feel the need to talk and fill the silence. They enjoyed each other's presence and that was more than enough.

"You know, the Hermes Cabin is currently in need of a camp counselor." Annabeth said after fifteen minutes of silence.

Lana wanted their silence to continue, deciding to not answer as she pulled out her homework from her backpack.

"The Stoll's are in control for now, but I'm sure things could change in a couple of weeks."

The black-haired girl kept her eyes focused on the textbook and notebook presently in her lap.

"Lana."

"Yes?"

"You're ignoring me."

"No, I was listening to you."

Annabeth looked at her blankly. "I haven't spoken in the past five minutes."

Lana shrugged. "I was making sure you had nothing more to say."

"You could be a camp counselor."

The Daughter of Hermes didn't know how she felt about obtaining that position. For the past seven years, that role was always filled by Luke and he was amazing. All of his cabin mates loved and adored him, using him as a role model. He was the big brother they all needed.