𝙔𝙤𝙪 𝙢𝙖𝙙𝙚 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙞𝙣𝙩𝙤 𝙖 𝙬𝙚𝙖𝙥𝙤𝙣

PERCY

PERCY

IT WAS FOURTH OF JULY, WHICH MEANT that a large celebration was going to happen at camp.

Percy tried to dress on theme, wearing a pair of jeans and a blue shirt. Most of the other campers were already outside, preparing for the festivities happening later in the night.

With one final look in the mirror, he left cabin three and was in search of his friends.

Annabeth and Luke were in the dining pavilion with the rest of their siblings. Cabin six and cabin eleven were working hand in hand to hang decorations and, while it looked a bit hectic, it looked amazing.

"Hey," Percy ran up to Annabeth and Luke, interrupting their conversation.

"Hey," Annabeth smiled. Luke nodded his head in greeting.

Percy wasn't sure what to think, but he knew that Luke had been weird towards him ever since he had returned to camp. He tried not to worry about it too much, but it did nag his mind occasionally.

"Where's Lana?" Percy questioned. His eyes roamed around and didn't catch sight of her.

Luke shrugged. "I figured she was with you." He looked down at the girl beside him. "Annie?"

Annabeth shook her head. "Last I saw her, she was grabbing a few more decorations from the Demeter cabin. They apparently made necklaces for everyone to wear."

Percy nodded his head. "Do you guys need any help?"

Annabeth smiled at him. "Let's put you to work, Jackson."

---

Annabeth wasn't kidding and Percy wished he didn't offer his help.

His entire body was drenched with sweat under the baking sun and his arms were burning from overexertion.

"I think we're done." Annabeth said, wiping the top of her eyebrow with her arm.

In Percy's opinion, it looked pretty good. The tables were lined with red, white, and blue table cloths and streamers hung all around them.

"Can you drop these extra boxes off at the trash, Percy?" The blonde girl asked him.

He nodded his head. "Yeah, I got it."

"Thanks."

He grabbed the extra boxes and began to journey towards the trash. He was relieved she asked him to go, worried that she would've given him another job that wouldn't have been as easy if he decided to stay.