𝙎𝙚𝙚𝙢𝙨 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙨𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙤𝙣𝙚'𝙨 𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙤𝙛 𝙥𝙧𝙖𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙘𝙚

LANA

LANA

LANA'S LUNGS FELT COMPLETELY DRY OF ANY air by the time she reached the top of the mountain, but she didn't dwell on it too much. Her home needed saving. It needed her help.

The bronze bulls were the size of elephants and could naturally breathe fire. Many of her fellow campers had suffered from these beats, many containing injuries or charred armor.

Then she remembered she wasn't wearing any armor.

"Just be careful," Luke's voice floated through her brain.

She squeezed her eyes shut to clear her mind of any thoughts of him.  If she wanted to take down her brother, she needed to live longer enough to take down a couple of fire-breathing bulls.

"Annabeth!" She called, over her shoulder. She didn't wait for a response. "Get the rest of the campers out of here. Tyson, to me!" She hoped that Annabeth would allow Tyson to enter camp without a problem.

Lana forged straight into the battle. Just as two campers ran past her, she picked up a half broken shield from the burnt grass. Both bulls were on opposite sides of the hill, terrorizing whoever they could. She used her daggers to bang them against the shield and force the bulls to look at her.

"Over here, stupids!" She shouted.

The bulls glared at her, steaming escaping their nostrils. Lana bravely stood in between them, watching both of them out of the corners of her eyes. At the same time, they charged straight for her with their horns aimed downwards.

She threw her shield at the bull coming from her left. It hit the bronze creature in the face and distorted their vision momentarily. She then used that to accurately time her next attack. She ran towards the distracted bull and held out her daggers, impaling them to create a large gnash at the monster's side. It released a burning fire that Lana narrowly missed.

"Tyson!" She exclaimed as she rolled to the side.

The giant cyclops, standing on the other side of Thalia's tree, grabbed the wounded bull's horn and pulled it to the side. It toppled over and fell to the ground with a thud.

"Bad cow!" He shouted at the creature and Lana had to withhold herself from laughing.

The second bull didn't have time to slow down before its horns embedded themselves into its twin. It died instantly.

"Good job, Tyson!" Lana shouted towards the tall boy.

He smiled widely, but it disappeared as quickly as it had appeared. "Percy hurt!"

Lana turned over her shoulder to see Percy sitting by Thalia's tree with his ankle twisted in an awkward angle. The thought of the other bull escaped her mind as she ran towards him. James was already there, readjusting Percy into a comfortable position.