VI

His body felt so heavy. Harry yawned heavily, unable to really concentrate. Warm, relaxed as ever, he had no desire to get up. He appreciated not hearing his aunt yelling at him to get up, his cousin jumping on the steps of the stairs above his head. Or Ron's snoring. But if he didn't hear any of this, where was he? He sat up quickly, the blankets sliding over his naked body, condensing at his waist, hiding his modesty. He thought he was alone but no. Voldemort was there, sitting at a table within sight of the bed. Gazing at his bare torso. Blushing furiously, Harry hid himself with the sheets, everything coming back to him in seconds. Last night had been too hot for him.

-Come eat.

-Hello to you too.

They looked at each other, green against red. Voldemort made a grimace with his thin-lipped mouth. Lips that Harry had had on his and on his... Don't think about it!

-Hello, Harry. Come eat.

Harry supposed he wouldn't have it any better. He took a sheet with him, no question of walking around naked and approached the table. A full breakfast awaited him there to his great astonishment and it seemed that it was really for him. He cast a suspicious look at his host, also a jailer.

-Eat and I'll explain everything you need to know.

-Is it poisoned?

-If only I could do it.

The bitter tone spoke of how true it was. Harry straightened the sheet again and sat up carefully. He couldn't seem to feel threatened even though Voldemort's bad mood was visible. He took his tea, blew on it and took a sip before eating his toast. The black mage placed his quill in his inkwell and began, still reluctant.

-The ritual that you attended and participated in against your will was simply done to recreate a body for me, as you saw. However, I neglected one part of things, which backfired on me. Against us. You see, magic has a very clear way of doing things, especially when it comes to blood and soul. I had no idea you were part of my family.

Harry almost choked on a piece of bacon. What ?! Him, from the same family as Voldemort?! Impossible, unimaginable! The man cleared his airways with a spell.

-We are both descended from the Peverell family and perhaps also from Slytherins.

Harry still wasn't breathing.

-So we cannot fight each other without causing mutual damage. As it happens, it seems we have more than just one lineage in common. And when I used your blood to be reborn, I not only bonded us but I awakened the genes of a very ancient creature within me, the same creature that decided you were my mate. I am an incubus and you are now my food. Whether you want it or not.