101-110

Tom felt so powerful and proud as Dumbledore's face turned to stone. The man forgot that they were on a battlefield, fortunately his beloved Order of the Phoenix defended him against his Death Eaters. Harry weighed a little on him, such a reassuring weight. Tom felt whole despite his missing pieces of soul and ready for battle. He advanced with his prey towards the old man, the fire illuminating their faces.

Tom, what did you do?
Always the same, Albus. Always accusations. You don't know what to do with your disappointed look like a grandfather who has seen too much in life.
The fighting had calmed down as they talked, both sides were waiting to see the outcome of this conversation. He felt Harry was particularly attentive, he had no doubt that there could be many questions to come. He had nothing to hide from his companion in the end, in fact, he would answer him without any embarrassment when the time came.

You don't answer my question. It wasn't enough for you to have taken his parents, his blood. Did you have to make it your toy?
This accusation irritated him more than he expected. The demon hated it, and the urge to strangle Dumbledore stirred his blood. Harry gave him a discreet caress to calm him down and he gripped his food tighter with a wicked smile. He even leaned over him and licked his ear. Harry let out a very real gasp of surprise as he responded to Dumbledore.

I really needed his innocence. I devoured it.
The outraged and murderous look of the old madman made him burst out laughing and the Death Eaters accompanied him. The members of the Order didn't seem to know what to do now, no doubt horrified. Then Dumbledore sent a spell, Tom raised a shield harmlessly with a sneer.

Ready to strike even if you risk hitting him, old man? What will you say to the people? That you killed the one who was supposed to save them?
You destroyed it. You're the monster, Tom. Killing him would mean saving him from you!
As if Tom would allow such a thing. As for Harry, he rubbed his ear, perfectly embarrassed by the sound he had made. Tom grabbed his hand and hinted that he could summon the magic of his prey to him.

You'll have to surpass our power for that, you old fool. But please try.
The battle then resumed with a vengeance, the civilians fled as best they could, the Aurors fell under spells when they did not protect themselves effectively. The village hadn't stopped burning and there probably wouldn't be much left of it while Tom, exhilarated by their magic, indulged in a little extra madness. He had to keep his word, so he aimed at the remains of the Potter house and blew in an audible manner.

Fiendfyre.
A fiery serpent took shape and destroyed everything in its path...

102
Harry felt like part of his hair had singed as the red and black fiery serpent devoured everything in its path. The earth itself suffered from its advance as Dumbledore tried to push the creature back. He glanced at the charred house on the ground and a wave of relief washed over him. Tom was still holding him and seeing these men screaming and apparating to escape the spell almost made him smile. The smell of burning flesh held him back, he didn't like it at all, he preferred instead to concentrate on the director who was giving orders to face the Fiendfyre.

This spell maybe stop?
Yes and no. Dumbledore might be able to, if he got the magic from his followers.
So you're going to burn everything?
It's tempting but no. Not yet…
Harry raised his eyes to look at his demon, guessing in his eyes that seeing the world actually burn would please him. This made his heart beat faster, why wasn't he afraid that such an event could take place? A spell bounced off a shield erected by the dark wizard and Harry returned to those in front of them. Dumbledore's robes had burned, he had thrown them away to protect himself, which did not prevent his flesh from being affected by the flames. Harry snuggled closer to Tom as the old man continued his shower of spells on them.