146-148

Harry leaned against a tree, not far from his lover who dared to look amused at this hour. He didn't find it funny, for his part, his feelings were fighting within him. Less strong than in a time not so long ago, yet they were there and…

Go help them immediately. I don't care what you do to the old man but they don't deserve this.
Do you have pity, my prey?
Call it what you want as long as you do it… Come on!
The black mage let a few seconds pass during which they looked at each other. Between the desire to submit and the desire to please. Fortunately, his desire to get his hands on Dumbledore was also present and he signaled his Death Eaters to move with him. Harry watched them leave and collapsed onto the forest floor, still a little short of breath. Sirius came and put his nose on his shoulder and Harry patted him blindly.

It was such a strange feeling. It hurt. That was probably why it had been so easy to give up and fall into a gentle apathy. Harry had never spared himself pain but it was Tom's character not to allow himself to suffer. So he supposed it wasn't just because of this connection that he was distancing himself from the world... Although it was also rubbing off on Tom, he was aware of it.

Wow?
It's okay... It's just... You know, I think I'm getting a little too used to only having emotions because of him. I can't say if it will end up harming us... I mean... Being so inhumane will inevitably put us more than on the margins of society. But that's the problem. I don't need society. I don't need you.
Harry raised his head, seeing pain in his godfather's eyes. Even as a dog, it was incredibly easy to read his emotions. Harry stroked her neck, supporting her head with both hands.

But I think I understand why, Siri. You're going to end up dying. Me… I don’t even know if that will be possible. I don't know... And I can't be afraid of it because I won't be alone.
Harry hugged the dog, again not knowing if he was looking for comfort or if he was trying to comfort Sirius. He just knew he wished the man wasn't in pain. None of that.

I hope you can forgive me…
Harry rubbed his cheek against the fur, it was the first time he had given such a hug to anyone other than Tom. Fortunately, the black mage was not there to see him, such was the jealousy of both of them.

However, no doubt it would have been better if he were there. Harry didn't feel the threat, didn't see the spell flying towards him. His lungs filled with blood.

147

Pain exploded in his head, in his sides, throughout his mind. Tom immediately stopped fighting, his whole brain focused on what he was feeling. The incubus in him set him in motion to return to his prey, a spell cut his way.

You're not going anywhere, Tom. He will die. It's not Harry anymore, it's just your Horcrux, right? Your Horcruxes, you have gathered them in him.
Tom tried to think, really, but his demonic side was gaining ground. He had never really thought about the face he would have if he changed shape, he had never thought it possible for it to come out of him without his consent. However, when he looked at his hands and saw the size of his claws, he understood that he didn't have much time before he lost all control. If he wasn't already completely insane, it was only because his food couldn't die. Thank you that they have fully completed their link.

Wrong, old fool. He's my soulmate.
… What ?
The young redhead looked at him in horror, lying on the ground and tied up for a while. It was the way the Death Eaters had chosen to protect him and the Muggle-born. They weren't unconscious because Tom had wanted witnesses. He felt his jaw deform little by little, he had to join Harry. Except he couldn't leave without Dumbledore dead and the urge to tear him in two with his bare hands was becoming more and more of a need. A dog howled to death in the forest. Black was doing too much, he had to stay calm... The creature seemed to move in his chest.

Harry can't...
He didn't choose. What ? Do you think he was happy to be in my bed?
Yes, even there, he was playing the game, even though he was in such danger of showing the demon he had become. Dumbledore looked happy.

If he's your soulmate, you won't be able to live without him. Give up, Tom. It's finish.
Death Eaters... Keep this thing after I'm done with it for now. I want him to suffer for a long time.
Tom...
The incubus fixed violet eyes on the former director who recoiled from this unexpected look. Tom smiled widely and cast his spells at an indeed inhuman speed. Dumbledore's scream when he broke his arm up to the shoulder made him smile, seeing him fall to his knees made him want to trample him underfoot. He didn't feel powerful though, no, not with the pain that resonated through the bond, not with his prey waiting for him. He tied the old man up even better than a roast and signaled to Bellatrix who would be happy to keep this vermin company.

Then Tom turned and ran. At least he thought he did, the incubus only had one goal and he wasn't going to let space keep him from it. In the clearing, Sirius finished ringing the enemy.

148
Tom sat gracefully in his throne, facing two cells. In his arms, his prey was still sleeping after the shock she had suffered earlier. In reality, it had been two days since Harry had been unconscious and the incubus had been watching over him like a dragon over its treasure. If he had allowed himself to come out of their retreat, it was simply because he felt that his food would soon awaken. Before looking at his prisoners, he made sure Harry was comfortably seated against him. He allowed the godfather to arrange the blankets. Since the attack in the forest, Black had been ready to kill and if he hadn't done it, it was because Tom had stopped him. Not because he wanted to preserve it. No, just because he wanted to savor the death of the person who dared to raise a hand on his prey.

You arrived too late and now you're walking around with his corpse? Come on, Tom… Give up. For him, as for you. For our world that you constantly make suffer.
Silence, old fool. This name definitely suits you too well. My soulmate is very much alive, he is recovering from his attack. Not what you thought, right, Minerva?
Yes, Minerva McGonagall was in the cell next to Dumbledore's, her lips pursed, her bun flopped. Sitting cross-legged on the icy ground, she didn't take her eyes off her prey, which greatly displeased Tom.

He's alive... Really?
I don't need to lie about this.
I burned his lungs. I saw the blood splatter on the grass. Please let him go.
The Transfigurations professor's voice was slightly trembling. She clenched and unclenched her hands, as if she wanted to massage something like she would in her cat form. Tom would offer him no comfort. He wouldn't have believed that she would be capable of such an act and yet... Having searched his mind quickly, he knew that it was because she had thought she was saving Harry from him. Proof that placing him as a martyr in the eyes of the world was not without consequences. People wanted to save him.

Harry shifted limply in her arms, moving closer to her neck to better smell her scent. Tom tightened his grip.

As you can see, there is no chance of this happening. He is mine. If you want to blame someone, blame your old boss who gave it to me. It's the only gift he ever gave me, in fact.
Harry opened his eyes, Tom felt his heart speed up as he met that poison green gaze that he had missed so much. He pulled his prey in for a kiss without even giving him time to understand where he was. Harry didn't resist him, the exchange was lazy and passionate. The incubus was hungry, of course he was hungry. But the health of his food came before his needs.

“Here you are again among the living. Let's make you eat. »

“You put on a show again, huh?” »

“Always, Harry, always. »