Her Darling

☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎

☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎

" stop please don't hurt him." the female rushed over and shield her lover's body with her own. she clenched his shabby sweater, a small sob escaping from her lips.

" it's okay, princess." he rasped, his voice barely a whisper. " i promise it's okay."

he reached up with a trembling hand and brushed a stray tear from her cheek. his touch was a light as feather.
" no, you're hurt. is they hurt your eye? is it okay?" she hiccuped and examine his left eye.

the male plant a soft kiss on her forehead, his lips lingering there for a moment. " as long as you're safe, baby. that's all it matters to me."

" why would you hurt him? why would you hurt him huh?!" she screamed and pushed the guard as hard as she could but it didn't do much since the big guy didn't even flinch.

" get out of my way little girl." he demanded and shoved her over the edge causing her to fall on the ground. her lover panicked and rushed over to help but the guard whipped him with the wire. he winced and his body began to shake rapidly.

suddenly, the woman saw an opportunity. a rock lay at her feet, smooth and gray. with a surge of adrenaline, she snatched it up and hurled it at the guard's head.

the guard staggered back, momentarily stunned. it was all the opening the woman needed. she grabbed her lover's hand and pulled him to his feet. " let's go my love."

together, they stumbled through the dim corridors of the dungeon, their hearts pounding in their chests. they sprinted into the night, the cold air biting at their skin. their bodies ached, and their breath came in ragged gasps.

her lover let out a whimper letting out a few groans revealing the amount of pain he was feeling.
" i'm sorry, my love. we will reach home soon, hm? hang in there for me okay?" her voice breaks with each words.

they heard voices from afar and flashlights illuminating.
" i want them caught! NOW"

the pair panicked and ran while holding each other's hands tightly. finally, they stepped outside of the forest and a car was passing by. she left her lover's hand and stood in front of the car to stop it.

the driver angrily came out of his car but quickly relaxed when he noticed the state that the couple was in.
" can you please drive us to the city? p-please." she pleaded with tears falling from her eyes whilst gripping her lover's hand tight.

" yes, of course. get in." the pale male gave her a gummy smile and helped them in the car.

" i can drive to the hospital. it seems like he's about to pass out any moment." he started the ignition and drove down the road.

" n-no, i'll take care of him myself." she said and caress her lover's cheek and added on, " he's the only person i have left and i can't let them hurt him again." she sniffles and plant a lingering kiss on his forehead.

the driver looked at them in the rear view mirror with a sympathetic smile on his face. " is he your boyfriend?"

" he's my husband, my everything." she answered without taking her attention away from her lover. " rest up, honey bear. i'll wake you up when we reach home okay?" she says to her husband. the tired male nod his head and snuggle closer to his wife's chest instantly dozing off.

she told the driver the address of their house and he dropped them off there.
" do you need help bringing him in?" he offered.

" no, but thank you so much." she bowed and wake her husband up. she has a special way of doing that. she pamper his face with soft kisses whilst humming a sweet melody in his ear—the one he's so familiar with.

her husband flustered his eyes and she kissed his left eye, the one that has white lens. to her, it's so beautiful and unique. " we're home, my love."

she thanked the driver again and went inside the house with her husband.
" let me clean your wounds then i can make us a bath yea?"

" i love you," he whispers and peck her lips. " i love you more, honey." she went and grab the first aid and her husband removed his sweater revealing his fresh wounds and old scars.

she kneeled down beside him and kissed every scar and the wounds as well. his eye blurred with tears and allowed them to fall continuously, " is it okay if i marry you with paper rings? will it please you, princess?"

" anything you do for me is always perfect, my love. as long as we're together and happy." she reassured him and began cleaning his wounds.
" can we have a wedding here? just the two of us. i want to cherish every moment with you."

tara smiled warmly, resting her head on his bare bicep.
" i'd love that, tae." she lean in and softly kiss him on the lips.

tae cupped her cheek slowly moving his lips against tara's. they quickly cleaned themselves up and went into their shared bedroom. tara wore a simple white dress that flowed around her like a soft cloud, the delicate fabric accentuating her beauty. tae looked handsome in a freshly pressed shirt and pants, his eyes filled with adoration as he looked at his bride-to-be.

tae placed a sunflower behind tara's ear and kissed the side of her head, his lips lingering for a moment. " i promise to love you and cherish you forever." he covered her face with soft kisses making her giggle. " i love you, tae. more than you'll ever know." tara nuzzle their noses.

" come here, let's dance"

as they swayed together in the soft light of the living room, tae pulled tara closer, his warmth breath brushing against her lips. with a gentle smile, he began to sing in a soft, melodic voice, the words of the song filled with love and adoration. tara's heart skipped a beat as she listened to tae's voice, his words echoing the deep love they shared.

she gazed into his eyes, feeling the warmth of his touch.

'how could i know

one day i'd wake up feeling more
but i had already reached the shore
guess we were ships in the night
night, night.'

" oh, my love." tara cooed and rest her head on his chest. tae held her tightly and continue swaying their bodies.

'i'm wondering
are you my best friend
feel's like a river's rushing through my mind
i wanna ask you
if this is all just in my head
my heart is pounding tonight
i wonder'

'if you
are too good to be true
and would it be alright if i
pulled you closer
how could i know
one day i'd wake up feeling more
but i had already reached the shore
guess we were ships in the night
night, night'

tae sang softly, tara closed her eyes, feeling the lyrics resonate with the love she felt for him. they danced together in the quiet of their home, wrapped up in each other's arms and lost in their own little world.

as the song came to an end, tae dipped tara back gently and kissed her deeply. their hearts soared with love and joy, knowing that they had each other and that they were meant to be together.

" i love you, princess." the male whispered against his wife's lips.

" i love you more, babe." they shared another sweet kiss, sealing their love.

as undercover agents, they tried their best to have a normal life--even if it meant having the wedding of their dreams.

however, things doesn't end there.