Waiting for you

☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎

☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎

T A E H Y U N G

i remove the dead flowers from the vase and replace them with a new one. i wipe the tears that was rolling down my cheeks with my sleeves.

every time i step inside, i cry. i'm reminded of the tragic incident that put the love of my life in coma.

i sit down beside the hospital bed and grasp my girlfriend's cold hand. i press kisses on it and brought it up to my cheek.

" hey sweetheart, i replaced the flowers again. i know how much you love them. i also bought you some food. so when you wake up, you won't be feeling hungry." i swallow the lump in my throat.

" while i was coming here and i saw the kid we rescued at the orphanage. he was asking about you and i-i couldn't even tell him since he doesn't know."

" i'm a mess without you, my love. i miss you so much. i can't even sleep without my human pillow. i can't sleep without my best friend. i can't sleep without my baby." my body shakes as i let out a sob.

" everyone is calling me crazy for waiting for you. for coming here every day and night. but they don't know what we have, baby. they don't know how much we love each other. and i know you wouldn't give up on me. i know you won't ever, right baby?"

i rest my head on the pillow next to her head and cry hugging her close to my body.
i tightly hold her hand and sobbed till i couldn't breathe.

i called out her name and begged her to wake up. wake up and tell me that everything will be okay. that we will be okay. that we will be the happy couple again.

i want her to tell me to keep hanging on. i want her to kiss me, to pamper me, to baby me like she used to. i don't know what i'll do if she leaves me on this earth alone.

" baby, you know how much i love you right?"
my voice cracks while caressing her cheek.

i froze when i saw few tears rolling down her face. " babe? you can hear me, baby? oh my gosh, sweetheart." i covered my mouth with trembling hands.

after months without any signs and interactions, she finally showed them. my heart burst out with hope. i lean over and wipe her tears away with my lips.

" my strong princess. i'm so proud of you. i'll be waiting for you my love. even if it takes years, i'll wait forever and always. "

" mr kim? her parents have requested we end it now." dr min walked in.

my heart crumbled. " p-please, no. she's alive. my baby is alive."