-11-

I told Josh and Anna everything about my experience with Devin during broadcasting, obviously.

They went through about 12 different emotions as I told the story, finalizing with a proud, confident 'I hate him and I hope he dies.'

That was mostly from Anna, since Josh was still very insistent that I could 'make him a better guy if I took him to the Maddie workshop and fixed him up.'

I told him he was sick and twisted for saying that.

Besides gossiping about Devin in broadcasting, I spent the rest of my time studying more for my calculus test next period.

I had the problems nearly memorized, even though I knew the numbers would be different on the test and it would be several pages long.

I was ready though.

Triumphantly and confidently, I walked to Mr. Hassle's room once the bell rang and went straight to my desk.

Before he could even instruct us to do so, I put my phone in the basket at the front of the room and got my calculator out.

Someone fucking time me.

Class started after a few minutes and the tests were handed out pretty quickly. I scribbled my name on top and started flying through the problems with ease.

Devin came in probably 5 minutes late and Mr. Hassle handed him his test so he could begin.

I rolled my eyes as I heard him writing quickly on his paper and pounding numbers into his calculator. He's obviously prepared, though I'm not sure how.

He was at Lauren's house all night getting laid.

I heard the boys talking about it last night after Austin left my room. Brandon even criticized Devin openly for still affiliating with Lauren.

According to him, they fuck all the time, but Devin has zero interest in dating her. And apparently he never has.

Brandon kept referring to him as a player, which I thought was extremely rich coming from one of Dylan's closest friends.

There were 8 pages (front and back) to the test, and by page 6, I was on fire. Figuratively.

I knew I had a lead on Devin, since he came to class late, so I wasted zero time in finishing the rest of the problems as quickly as possible.

I walked innocently to the front of the classroom and handed Mr. Hassle my test.

He opened it right in front of me and nodded in approval. "I see you did well, Miss Powell."

Hell yeah.

I smiled in response and walked back to my desk confidently. Devin looked up at me as I went down the row of desks and found my seat.

He was scribbling on his test, trying to finish it. Nearly a minute after I turned mine in, he did too. And he got here five minutes later than me.

Mr. Hassle eyed him as he walked up to his desk and handed him his completed test.

"World record speed, Mr. Smalls." he commented, while opening his test up. "Let's see if that shows for anything."

I watched intently on the edge of my seat as he flipped through each page, studying Devin's work and his answers thoroughly.

"You missed one." he said, making my eyes widen. I don't know if Devin's ever missed a problem on a calculus test.

I got a perfect score, he didn't.

Mr. Hassle showed him what he missed quietly, so he wouldn't give away answers to the other students testing. Devin nodded in understanding and then sat back down, looking defeated.