-20-

I don't even remember getting home, but I sat up in my room, still fully clothed from the game yesterday.

We must've gotten home late, because I went straight to bed without showering.

I yawned and stretched out across the bed, resting for a few more minutes before I got up to take a shower.

I wasn't too upset about losing the championship game. It's only my sophomore year and I've played really well this season, so I can't complain.

I planned to invite Josh and Anna over later since I haven't seen them in days.

I got out of the shower and threw on pajamas.

When I went downstairs, I looked over the top of the banister and saw Mom, Dad, and Dylan all talking in the living room. I figured they were talking about the incident, since Dylan was definitely about to get into a lot of trouble for that. Deserved.

It was still hard to believe that he was able to injure that many people. Even Ethan, who got the lightest injury, was still banged up pretty badly. His nose was bleeding for the entire bus ride home, and it wouldn't surprise me if it was still bleeding right now.

Anna and Josh came over about an hour later, and walked upstairs to my room with confused expressions.

"What the hell happened to your brother?" Anna asked, as she sat down on my bed.

I shrugged. "He beat the shit out of Charlie Pinton. Plus Devin and Ethan. Coach Thrash too. I'm guessing he got grounded, but I don't know."

"That's crazy." Josh spoke. "He must've been pissed."

I laughed. "You have no idea."

I pulled out my phone and looked at all of the weird videos of Gilbert that Quinn posted on his snapchat story from the bus ride last night.

After Devin beat me in Mario Kart, Brandon turned on Call of Duty Zombies and we couldn't stop laughing at the zombie sound effects. Gilbert was definitely drunk or delirious because of the way he was acting. But it was hilarious.

"I want Wendy's." Josh groaned.

Anna shot him a side glare.
"Shut up."

"You know what, bitch? Make me." he snapped.

I looked up from my phone.
"Josh you can't even throw a punch."

Anna laughed, pointing at him.

"Maddie, you can fuck off too. I want Wendy's."

"I SWEAR TO GOD WITH THE FUCKING WENDYS." Anna screamed. "We're not leaving. We just got here."

I heard Dylan on the phone with someone in his room and shut my door immediately. He tends to yell a lot over the phone, and it annoys me.

Josh started laughing at my action.
"You're so mean."

"Sorry." I shrugged carelessly.
"I don't want to hear him."

"Fair. Especially when Alexis is over." Anna added.

"He could be calling her right now for all I know."

Josh stood up out of nowhere.
"Wendy's. Now."

Anna didn't hesitate to pick up a pillow from my bed and smack Josh in the head with it.
"Fine."

I put my shoes on and Anna grabbed her keys before we went downstairs slowly. My body was so tired from the playoffs and the trip in general. I didn't even notice until now.

We all piled into Anna's Chevy Malibu and drove to Wendy's. I always rode shotgun and Josh was always in the back. He used to complain and argue with me, but eventually he accepted his place. He likes it now because he can spread out.