-8-

I walked out of broadcasting with Josh and Anna on either side of me, complaining about an art project that they had been assigned today.

We were heading to lunch, where I was planning to study for my calculus quiz next period. I wanted to die, especially when Josh started discussing what we were doing tonight. I had to tune him out.

"Can we go to my house tonight?" Anna asked.
"My parents are out of town."

I was extremely jealous of her for being an only child. Never having to deal with siblings annoying the shit out of her or inviting their stupid friends over. I can only imagine how nice it must be to live that kind of lifestyle.

I'd take the loneliness over Dylan Powell any day.

"Text me the plans later." I said once the bell rang.

We all parted ways and I trudged depressingly to calculus. I've never wanted to end my life more in a class in my life.

Calculus isn't even that hard — it's just too much homework. Then there's Devin, who I have to suffer every single day with.

He just appears in the classroom unprepared and barely awake, yet he's flying through the class with ease. It's annoying and frustrating. I wish he would go away.

"Everyone put your phones in the basket and take out a pencil and your calculators."

I mentally cursed. This is the last thing I want to be doing right now.

I walked to the front of the room and dropped my phone into the basket while Devin stood behind me. He 'accidentally' brushed his arm against me and then apologized even though it was intentional.

He's an actual freak.

I ignored him completely and went back to my seat as Mr. Hassle started passing out quizzes.

I studied a lot last night so I could get the quiz over with quickly. My soccer practice was cancelled today, but the boys still had to go. This meant that I would have to sit in the bleachers and wait for Dylan to get done.

I wasn't looking forward to that in the slightest.

The quiz was set down on my desk and I looked down at it, releasing a sigh of relief once I started to recognize the problems from last night. I was very familiar with the questions.

Immediately, I started working the problems as quickly as I possibly could. I finished the first page and flipped over to the second right as Devin stood up to turn his quiz in.

I think I actually gasped. Out loud. There's no way in hell he finished it that quickly.

He turned around and walked past my desk with a cocky smirk, returning to his seat.

I should've tripped him.

My eyes glanced up to the front of the room on their own, watching Hassle grade Devin's quiz. He kept nodding while he scanned through his work, flipping through each page without even lifting his pen.

I couldn't believe this in the slightest.

My pencil scraped against my paper furiously as I hussled to finish my quiz. The only sound in the classroom was calculator button clicks and a few pencil taps as everyone worked in silence.

˗ˏˋOur Differencesˊˎ˗On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara