-3-

Josh gave me a french fry at lunch and I ate it.

That was my lunch for the day along with a small bag of Skittles that I won in english for answering a question correctly.

Me, Josh, and Anna all took journalism and broadcasting together, which is where we make the school paper and the school news. The class period for journalism and broadcasting is when the sophomores get their lunch period, so we have to go to lunch during the senior lunch period instead. The cafeteria is almost completely empty when we go because the seniors always leave for lunch.

I took a sip of water and glared at Anna, who was trying to cram a bunch of spanish terms into her head before a quiz next period.

"When am I ever gonna use this?" she groaned and slammed her laptop shut.

"The latin people are sexy, Anna." Josh pointed out.

A smirk creeped onto her face.
"Like Maddie's Dad."

I almost pushed her out of her chair, while Josh laughed hysterically.

The ongoing joke that my Dad is a marcelo dilf has been alive and never ending for years. I guess I see where they're coming from — but like, he's my Dad. So it makes it weird for me. I'm pretty sure it's socially illegal for someone to call their Dad hot.

He's half mexican, though. That's where the joke came from.

"You're so fucking creepy." I resisted the laughter bubbling in my throat as I continued to slander Anna for being idiotic and gross.

"You know that's the only reason I go over to your house, right?" she held a shit eating grin, waiting for my reaction.

Josh was bent over giggling at her stupidity.
"And her brother."

We all stopped laughing immediately, which felt more comical than anything.

"Too far." I replied with a certain dryness.

Dylan receives zero praise in my world. His personality is ugly, so therefore his face is too. And I'll say it proudly.

"Never say that again." Anna responded to Josh's comment.

It offended me that Dylan left school everyday for lunch while I had to sit here eating scraps. He's never invited me to go with him or offered to bring me back anything, which is to be expected. He's really selfish and I don't know why.

The bell rang and I grabbed my backpack before we all parted ways and went to our next classes.

I had AP calculus, which was either the worst or best part of my day. Sometimes I understood what was going on, and other times I was completely clueless.

Devin was in this class with me, strangely enough. He's smart despite how much of a fucking idiot he is. Not many people take calculus unless it's required for their major. It's also hard, but Devin breezes through it somehow which genuinely pisses me off because he's never studying. Ever.

I sat down at my desk and immediately wanted to end it all. Exhaustion was taking over me, and all I wanted to do was go home and take a 3 hour nap.

But I had soccer practice, of course.

Devin walked into class about 15 minutes late as he usually does. Sometimes it's more than that. He truly doesn't give a fuck about anything and it concerns me.

He sat in his usual seat, which was somewhere behind me and to the right. I've never turned around to see or acknowledge him, so I wasn't sure which desk was exactly his.

We were learning about indefinite integrals, which I couldn't give a shit less about. Mr. Hassle was extremely monotone and made sure that his class was extremely boring, so paying attention was a big challenge for me.