-16-

We played three playoff games the next day and barely pulled out a win. The boys won their games also, but with much more ease than our team.

"Who wants ice cream!?" Mia screamed when we got off of the bus after a game that we won.

All of the girls gathered together to walk to the ice cream shop across the street.

I wasn't planning on going with them, since I'm not super close with any of them and I didn't want it to be awkward. So I stayed with Quinn, who was showing me his best Minecraft builds — something I actually understood.

I walked with Quinn the entire way back into the hotel, laughing about random things. He was easy to get along with, just like Gilbert.

Normally I steer away from Dylan's friends, but some of them are actually pretty real, and that's the truth.

"If we have to play another game I might kill myself." Quinn admitted truthfully.

He was a good defensive player, but I knew how much anxiety the games gave him. It does the same thing to me. I used to get nauseous before playing a game, but I've gotten better at suppressing it this season.

"At least you guys are winning." I replied.
"We're probably losing our next one."

He shrugged as we sat down in the lobby.
"If we stay up until 4 drinking again then we might lose the streak."

That's the fucking truth.

Devin appeared out of nowhere with Austin and sat next to us. He glanced at me for a second, like he was confused as to why I was here.

"What's up?" Quinn greeted both of them casually.

Devin took a sip of water and fist bumped him.
"Is our bet still on?"

"You know it." Quinn replied.

I looked at Quinn curiously.
"What bet?"

They always throw money around carelessly for fun, so this didn't necessarily shock me. Still, I wanted to know what kind of stupidity they came up with this time.

"He bet Quinn 30 bucks to body slam Pinton in the Starkview game tomorrow." Austin laughed comically.

Of course.

I forgot Charlie Pinton existed until they mentioned his name. He used to be our neighbor years ago, and him and Dylan were super close when they were younger. Plus, Anna had a huge crush on him when we were in 7th grade.

To this day, I'm not completely sure what happened between the two, but they got into a huge fight over something and then stopped talking. Then, Charlie moved to Starkview and things were never the same with them.

I never cared enough to ask about it, but Charlie's a big threat on Starkview's team. And apparently we're playing them tomorrow.

"Dylan wants to break his leg, but Thrash said no." Devin added, laughing.

His laugh was hot. He was hot.

I tried not to stare at him as him and Austin spoke about their previous game, something I had no say in. I wasn't on the field playing with them.

"Speaking of, where is Dylan?" Quinn asked out of curiosity.

Hell if I knew. And I didn't care either.

"With Brandon and Gilbert. They said they were going to Waffle House or some shit." Austin replied.

"Idiots." Quinn muttered.

Devin was quieter than usual, and I assumed it was because I was here and he wasn't used to that. Normally he doesn't shut up. It's annoying.

I turned to Austin with a smile.
"Congrats on your score last night."