-21-

I laid in bed on Sunday night, scrolling through a Twitter scandal and laughing mindlessly at the comments.

Dylan came busting into my room with the biggest grin on his face.
"Ready?"

His expression was nightmarish and threatening.
"For what?" I asked.

"The best night of your life." he clapped.
"Mom and Dad are asleep already. Fucking losers. Anyway, I already have stuff in the car so we can go ahead and leave." he said.

I followed him to his room, confused out of my mind. "What are we doing?"

He grabbed his keys and his phone before turning the light off and shutting his door.
"We're sneaking out. Duh."

Was he on something? I've never seen him this excited to spend time with me in his life. And it was his idea.

What the hell did he drink?

I went to my room and put shoes on and a hoodie before grabbing my phone and shutting my door as quietly as possible. Dylan was already downstairs waiting for me and I crept down each step slowly and cautiously.

"They're heavy sleepers." Dylan spoke once we were outside by his car.
"Plus they're deaf. Watch this."

He honked his Tesla horn (which was loud) and then sat there for a second, smirking proudly like something was supposed to happen.

"See? They didn't even hear that."

I rolled my eyes and climbed into the car carelessly.
"Can we at least get food or something while we're out? I'm hungry."

"That's the general point, Madison." he replied like I was stupid. "What do you expect to do besides eat?"

Knowing him, there could be something stupid planned out. Dylan's a lazy ass unless it comes to having fun.

His phone started ringing through the car and Devin's contact photo popped up. It was a bad quality picture of him as a kid with sunglasses on.

I started laughing.
"Where did you get that picture?"

Dylan snorted.
"We found it on his old iPod."

He answered the call and Devin's voice came roaring through the car at full volume, taking me off guard.

"Where the hell are you going? Come pick me up."

We had barely pulled out of our driveway. How did he know we were going somewhere? They probably tracked each other, which might've actually been a smart idea on their part.

"Fine, you piss." Dylan groaned, flipping his car around.
"You're so needy."

Devin started snickering through the phone.
"You love me so much."

Dylan rolled his eyes.
"I'm starting to feel like everyone's father these days. Especially yours. Why can't Dan take you to fucking eat? Why does it always have to be me?"

"Dan says I'm annoying." Devin replied, referring to his Dad.

"Dylan says you're annoying too." my brother snapped jokingly.

"Love you." Devin yelled into the phone, almost like he knew it would rupture all of our eardrums in the car.

Dylan hung up on him wordlessly and continued driving towards his house. I couldn't help but laugh in amusement.

"I didn't know you guys were so affectionate with each other." I spoke as Dylan turned his music down.

He let out a scoff.
"He's affectionate. Like seriously, he's always hugging me and shit. He's touchy as hell."