-22-

I sat in History the next day, exhausted from being awake all night at the mall. Dylan's friends have too much energy. It's unbelievable.

It was raining outside, and I was absolutely freezing.

Mr. Wayner had the air turned down to what felt like 30 degrees, and my teeth were chattering.
I could hardly focus on any of the work that was scattered in front of me on my desk.

Anna gave me her favorite hoodie before class, and I was considering not returning it to her because it was so comfortable and warm.

Devin was sitting towards the front of the classroom, slouched down in his chair with his phone out. Ever since last night, he's been all moody and shit.

"Phone away, Smalls." Mr. Wayner tapped his desk, and Devin shoved his phone into his pocket.

I waited impatiently for the bell to ring, and then met up with Josh and Anna by our lockers, tired and ready to go home.

"Who's excited to edit for the whole period?" Anna asked in a sarcastic tone.

I raised my hand.

Editing is my forte. I'd rather edit the videos than film them or be in them. Maybe that's just me.

Plus, I like being able to do whatever I want. They give us a lot of creative freedom when we're editing the school news or the interviews. And unlike most of the other people, I can crank out a fully edited video in no time.

We walked to broadcasting and went straight to our work stations. My headphones got left in here last week, so I was happy to be getting them back today.

Josh started yapping about Mitchell and how they're going on their first date tonight.

"Are you nervous?" I asked him.

"Extremely."

Anna started offering up unsolicited advice about what he should do, even though most of her tips involved hitting a blinker before hand.

None of us knew shit about dating, but we always like to pretend like we're experts. It's actually really funny, especially because our pieces of wisdom are so ridiculous sometimes.

I worked on the school's weekly news report video like I usually do. I had it finished and ready to go in half an hour, and then I spent the rest of the class period playing Webkinz with Josh.

We've had our accounts since we were 7 year olds, and still play all the time.

Same for Club Penguin.

When the bell rang, I lingered by my locker for as long as I possibly could. Calculus sounded like hell today, and I contemplated skipping multiple times since I have my own car now.

Dylan and Austin were standing down the hallway talking to each other. Everyone else had cleared out for class.

Neither of them seemed happy. Dylan had the most unreadable expression on his face, while Austin was talking to him.

In the midst of their discourse, I decided that I was skipping calculus. Sitting in the same room as Devin after all the shit he said to me last night was the last thing I wanted to do.

I genuinely can't look him in the eye right now.

Austin started raising his voice at Dylan. He was angry with him, and I didn't know why. A part of me didn't care, but it seemed incredibly intense.

I couldn't hear what they were talking about since they were so far down the hallway. Neither of them knew I was in the hallway as well, so this was pretty awkward.