-40-

Alexis was over in Dylan's room, talking about how much she's been throwing up every morning, and how her vagina feels tight.

I cringed and shoved my AirPods into my ears, blasting Harry Styles as loud as the volume would go in order to drown out the conversation happening next door.

Even with the door closed, I could still hear.

While in my own peaceful daydream, I heard an even louder commotion coming from his room. Not sex, but genuine excitement.

I opened my door to see what was going on. Nobody should be this loud at 2 in the morning, no matter what.

Dylan came running out of his room with Alexis, nearly jumping up and down like they were about to piss themselves with giddy.

"What the hell is going on?" I asked, since they were just grinning like idiots instead of using their words.

"Mom! Dad!" he screamed, and ran out of his room and down the stairs, through the house to their room.

My parents both came out of their room half asleep and Dylan and Alexis made us all come into the living room to 'tell us something.'

I knew they were about to tell us the gender. It was pretty fucking obvious.

I was actually excited deep down. I'm already an aunt to Hannah's two kids, but since I barely see them, it doesn't always feel like it's legit.

"So...." Alexis smirked, and looked at Dylan, who looked so excited that he could piss on the floor.

"It's a boy!!!" Dylan screamed out.

Me, Mom, and Dad both jumped up to hug Dylan.

"This is so exciting!!" Mom gasped.

I smiled as Alexis hugged him tightly. They really weren't so bad together. Sure, they're both complete idiots who realistically shouldn't be allowed to raise a kid on their own. But for some reason I feel like it'll all work out in the end for them.

"Do you have any name ideas?" I asked out of plain curiosity.

Alexis gave a shrug, while still holding a smile on her face. "We're not sure yet. But I guess now we can start planning that out now."

"It better not be Dylan Jr." Dad spoke in his usual strict tone, making me chuckle.

Dylan would name his kid that. It's one of those things that he's talked about for years as a 'joke' even though it's not really a joke in his eyes. He's so stupid it hurts.

——————

After sleeping for barely three hours, I woke up for work at 6 AM and trudged downstairs, my hair messy and my eyes crusty.

Brandon was in the kitchen making a hot pocket for some reason, and started snickering when he saw me.

"Good morning, princess."

I gave an annoyed sigh, and pushed past him to get a pop-tart.

"Someone clearly isn't a morning person." he said, while grabbing a plate from the cabinet.

"Get lost, Brandon." I mumbled.

He started laughing like an idiot, and shook his head. "Don't you wanna know why I'm here?"

"No. I couldn't care less." I rolled my eyes.

Out of all of Dylan's friends, Brandon was by far the most immature and annoying.

He looked at my brown sugar cinnamon Pop-Tart and started giggling so hard.
"You look like you're eating pure shit!"

"Can you just go back to what you were doing, please? I'm really not in the mood right now." I growled and grabbed my breakfast, as I started making my way upstairs again.