-47-

Hello! This chapter is officially dedicated to @ilikelikeyourbook !! I hope you have a great first day of school, and thank you for reading my story!
It means a lot!
~~~

"So he's gone?"Anna gasped as we walked upstairs. "Like, gone gone?"

"Yep." I nodded and glanced through the open door of Dylan's room at the empty walls and shelves.

It seemed almost unreal to have him gone, and it was really hard to adjust to. Hannah graduated when both of us were really little, so it's always just been me and him growing up.

"Holy shit this is crazy." she muttered and looked into his room. "There's nothing on the floor or on this desk. And look! There's no boxers hanging from the ceiling fan."

Dylan ended up leaving sooner than we thought he was going to and none of us were prepared for that, including him. Devin was still here, but he was leaving tomorrow for California.

"God, your house is so quiet. It's weird." Anna said, and threw on one of my hoodies.

"I'm still not used to it." I added, and laid down on my bed to watch TV.

The fact that Dylan and I parted ways on a really bad note was probably the worst part of the whole thing. We're mad at each other, and because of me, he's mad at his best friend too. Neither of them have spoken a word to each other since they were in the hospital room after Nick was born.

I wanted to see Devin today before he leaves. After Anna went home, I called him to see if he wanted to come pick me up. His phone rang for a really long time, and his Mom answered, which I was not expecting at all.

"Devin's busy right now." she almost yelled into the phone.

I blinked. "Do you know when he'll be not busy? I need to talk to him."

There was a ton of yelling going on in the background and I'm pretty sure the scene that I called in on wasn't exactly a pretty one. Thank god he's leaving tomorrow.

"No, he'll be busy all day." she snapped.

"Alright." I responded, terrified to piss her off even more. "Can you let him know that I called?"

"Yes."

"Thank you." I hung up awkwardly.

The thought of him possibly getting hurt right now flooded me with sadness. I couldn't stop thinking about it and feeling horribly guilty. If there's one thing he doesn't deserve, it's that.

I waited all afternoon, contemplating whether I should call him again or not. His Mom could answer again, and I didn't want that to happen.

I grabbed a book that I had been reading lately and read through a few chapters before Devin actually called me.

My eyes widened and I answered immediately.
"Hello?"

"I'm so fucking sorry that I didn't answer your call earlier. I was looking around for my phone and my Mom had it and I know you were probably so thrown off when she answered instead of me, and then she was a fucking bitch to you and-"

"It's fine, Devin." I cut him off with a light laugh.
"It wasn't anything important, I just wanted to see you before you leave tomorrow."

"I can come now if you're available."

A huge smile grew on my face. "Okay. Yeah. Sure."