Chapter 7 - First Battle in Another World!

"You don't need to say it; I can feel his strength," Torajirou Shirou thought, facing the seemingly ordinary Raul.

Despite his unassuming appearance, Torajirou Shirou felt a significant oppressive aura; underestimating him would surely lead to a huge mistake.

Then, Raul spoke, "Hello, my name is Raul Nord, a second-class adventurer of Loki Familia. You can just call me Raul. I look forward to our duel."

"My name is Torajirou Shirou. Please take care of me," Torajirou Shirou responded.

Raul then asked someone to fetch a wooden sword from the storage room.

"What weapon do you prefer, Torajirou-san? I can have someone bring you one."

"Thank you, but no need. I have my own preferred weapon," Torajirou Shirou said as he summoned his Device.

"This is my weapon. In Illusionary Form, it won't actually hurt anyone; it will just knock them out due to exhaustion of stamina."

Raul hadn't responded yet when Loki, observing them, became even more excited.

"Oh! A magic that targets stamina! You really have brought me quite a few surprises. To think that a human could awaken magic on their own."

However, Torajirou Shirou didn't respond to Loki's comments.

Instead, he charged at Raul, drawing his sword from its sheath in the three steps that separated them, a move he was most proficient at.

This move might have been effective against a typical level 1 adventurer, but not against Raul, who was far beyond the realm of ordinary humans as a level 4 adventurer.

Raul easily blocked the attack with his wooden sword and countered with a strike towards Torajirou Shirou.

Torajirou Shirou used his sword to block Raul's attack, trying to deflect the force using the principle of leverage, but the force transmitted through Raul's sword still made his hands go numb.

'He's so strong.'

He immediately realized the physical disparity between them.

Understanding he couldn't win in a head-on clash, Torajirou Shirou slid his sword along Raul's to thrust at his neck in an attempt to force him back.

Raul, as expected, took a step back, but Torajirou Shirou immediately pressed forward, trying to control the rhythm of the fight, his sword relentlessly slashing towards Raul.

However, Raul, overpowering Torajirou Shirou in both strength and speed, clearly wasn't going to be easily defeated.

Seizing an opportunity, Raul struck directly at Torajirou Shirou, who hastily tilted his head to dodge.

Raul's sword brushed past Torajirou Shirou's ear, the sound of the air splitting and the resulting wind tousling his hair.

'I can't win.'

Torajirou Shirou instantly recognized the fact.

Even if his swordsmanship exceeded Raul's, the physical disparity was just too great; even using mana to boost his physical abilities wasn't enough.

Had Raul's last strike landed, Torajirou Shirou would have lost the ability to fight, while he himself couldn't penetrate Raul's defense enough to cause effective damage.

It was the classic dilemma: 'I can make countless mistakes, but you can only make one.'

'Unless I can directly strike vital areas like the neck or heart to instantly drain his stamina!'