Chapter 49: The Red-Haired Killer!

The ground trembled violently, the sounds of collapsing buildings and monstrous roars filling the air.

"The city... it's being invaded by monsters..."

Lefiya stammered, her eyes wide with terror as she witnessed the chaos unfolding outside the warehouse.

The once beautiful view of the city was being torn apart by monsters that had erupted from the depths of the dungeon below, transforming the night into a scene of utter devastation.

Ais, her hand instinctively reaching for her sword, glared at the armored figure.

"Is that you?! Did you summon these monsters?"

The person, whose face was partially obscured by bandages and a helmet, ignored Ais's accusation and began to shed her armor.

"Ugh, this armor is way too tight. My chest hurts from all the squeezing," she grumbled, her voice surprisingly high-pitched and feminine.

With a forceful yank, she shattered the chest plate, revealing a womanly figure beneath.

She then ripped off the remaining pieces of her disguise, including the bandages around her left eye, exposing fair skin and short, crimson hair.

However, the cold glint in her eyes starkly contrasted with her attractive appearance.

"So that's why she destroyed that guy's head... to hide her true identity..." Shiro muttered, observing as the woman revealed her true face.

It looked like the woman had peeled off the face of the murdered armored man and worn it as a mask, attempting to create confusion and slip away while the other adventurers were focused on her supposed female form.

However, Lulune had already swapped the item she wanted, forcing the woman to give chase and ultimately resort to destroying the guy's head to conceal her actions.

It was clear now – she was the murderer.

"Enough games. Hand over the orb!" The red-haired woman demanded, drawing her sword and lunging towards the orb near the scared chienthrope.

Ais reacted instantly, intercepting the attack with her own sword.

Sparks flew as the two swords clashed, and the two were locked in a struggle for dominance.

"Get out of my way!" The red-haired woman snarled, pushing Ais back with immense power.

"This force... you're Level 6," Ais realized, feeling the force from the desperate sword.

"So what?" The woman retorted, her lips curling into a smirk.

They abandoned Lulune as their battle escalated into a high-speed duel, silver flashes of their swords illuminating the darkness.

"You, the one called Lulune, take the orb and meet up with our captain near the plaza!" Lefiya, regaining her composure, issued the command.

Lulune darted towards the orb, but the ground beneath her feet suddenly split open.

A monster looking like a carnivorous plant emerged, blocking her path.

As everyone's attention was diverted by the new threat, the red-haired woman delivered a swift roundhouse kick, sending Ais crashing into the wall.

She then sprinted towards the fallen orb.

Bang—

A loud crack resonated, and the woman stumbled, clutching her stomach painfully.