Chapter 34: Ais's Ability!

After taking a bath in the Familia's bathhouse, Shiro headed to the dining hall, which was already crowded with people, and even moving the chairs took some effort.

Since everyone had just returned from an expedition, they lacked the energy to be noisy and quietly ate their food.

However, some Familia members, still full of energy, shared their heroic deeds during the expedition with those who had stayed behind, and almost every table had a few people chatting enthusiastically.

At this moment, Loki stood up on a stool with a glass of wine in her right hand.

"Those who want me to update their status today, please come to my room. There are only ten spots available, first come, first served!"

Lefiya, who had been looking at Loki, turned to Ais.

"Ais-san, you're going to update your status today, aren't you?"

"Mm."

Ais nodded in response, as updating her status was a top priority for her.

Then, Lefiya turned back to Shiro.

"What about you, Torajirou-san?"

Shiro, who was stuffing food into his mouth, put down his plate and looked up at Lefiya.

"Because of certain characteristics of mine, Loki will update my status whenever I request it, so I am likely not included in the ten spots that Loki mentioned."

"Ah, that's so nice, not having to deal with Loki's willfulness," Tione said with a look of envy.

Although everyone had gotten used to Loki's whims without complaint, seeing Shiro receiving special treatment from their goddess still made them a bit jealous.

"What about the others?"

Shiro glanced around at the others and asked.

"I'll pass. I'm dead tired from the dungeon; I just want to sleep well today."

"I haven't decided yet. Didn't Finn say that the matter will be resolved tomorrow? There's nothing much to do today, but I feel like I haven't gained much in terms of ability values. So, it might be better to accumulate them a little more and update them all at once for a more surprising increase. What about you, Lefiya?"

"I feel like I'll be harassed by Loki today because of what happened in the afternoon, so I'd rather not update my status today."

As it turned out, aside from Ais and Shiro, who always had time to update due to his special circumstances, no one else planned to update their status today.

Shiro then looked at Ais and invited her.

"Then, how about we go together later? It would be a good opportunity to see if my skills have any effect on you."

"Mm."

After dinner, Shiro and Ais were already waiting in Loki's room, well ahead of time.

Although almost all the Familia members knew of Ais's obsession with strength, and would usually wait until she had finished updating her status before going themselves, Ais didn't take advantage of this to make them wait.

"Yo! You guys are here!"

Loki, carrying a bottle of wine taken from the dining hall, pushed open the door of her room and waved at Shiro and Ais inside.

"We're here to update our status." Ais, who is usually taciturn, spoke before Shiro could.

"Then Ais, come here first. Torajirou, you better leave quickly," Loki said, looking forward to some alone time with her favorite girl, and gestured to Shiro to get out of the room.