Chapter 43: The War Game Where Everything is at Stake!

The moment Freya took off her hood, she charmed everyone on the second floor of the tavern.

Shiro, whose abnormal resistance was only I, naturally couldn't resist this charm that even gods couldn't resist.

Fortunately, at the critical moment, Shiro's intuition reminded him to use his ability on himself.

If someone else had been charmed, they might not have been able to break out of the charmed state even if they were killed.

However, when Shiro was charmed, he clearly remembered that feeling.

So, targeting that feeling, he used his cutting ability, sacrificing the temporary use of one arm in exchange for regaining his consciousness.

At the same time, he was also thankful that he hadn't relied on his ability to act recklessly in this world.

If Freya could use her power as a god in a sealed state, who would believe that other gods wouldn't have some tricks up their sleeves?

"You actually broke free in this way?" Although Freya couldn't understand the specifics of Shiro's ability, she knew that he had used something similar to magic.

"Goddess Freya, give me a reason not to kill you," Shiro said to Freya with a grim expression, having almost capsized in the gutter.

As for what she said about just adding a subconscious thought to stay away from Bell Cranel, he didn't believe a single word of it.

He could even say that if someone's consciousness was tampered with, would they still be the same person?

"Unfortunately, with your current abilities, you can't completely kill me. At most, you will most likely trigger divine protection and I'll be sent back to heaven."

"But if you do that, coupled with the incident with Apollo Familia before, your Loki Familia's suspicions will be hard to clear," Freya said, changing her approach to dissuade the boy when she found out that her charm didn't work on Shiro.

The situation was now at a standstill.

The day before, Freya had said in front of many people that she was going to see the new child of Loki Familia.

If she died just like that, the first suspect would definitely be Loki.

Adding in the previous incident of Apollo being sent back to heaven by the Loki Familia, Loki would definitely be labeled as 'secretly joining forces with Evilus' by those with ulterior motives.

After all, there were still quite a few people who were envious of Loki Familia's strength.

Freya, on the other hand, had been caught using her ability to control Shiro.

And from her words, it was clear that she didn't want Shiro to get close to Bell and hinder his growth.

Now that Shiro knew about this, he could threaten her with it.

The best option would be for both sides to retreat peacefully.

But Shiro didn't think so at all.

If he didn't retaliate after being stepped on, would he still be himself?

However, with his current strength, he couldn't completely kill a goddess.

Sending Freya back to heaven wouldn't kill her, and it would leave a lot of hidden trouble afterward.

After thinking for a moment, Shiro put down his sword.

But before Freya's expression could relax, he leaned close to her ear and whispered, "You're Syr, right?"