Chapter 17 - Lefiya's Decision!

"Why did you join Loki Familia, Lefiya?"

"Eh?" Lefiya was shocked by Shiro's sudden question and pondered.

That's right, why did she join Loki Familia to become an adventurer?

At first, it was because she wanted to study in the school district, and when she graduated, she thought of being an adventurer as just an ordinary profession.

Then she joined Loki Familia and met the person she admired—Ais Wallenstein.

She wanted to become a dazzling person like Ais and worked hard with this thought in mind.

Afterwards, without realizing it, she had come to think of the members of Loki Familia as her family, so much so that she didn't want to disappoint them.

"I want to be like Ais-san!"

Admiration, huh? It's going to be a bit troublesome.

Shiro found a rock to sit on.

To be honest, he didn't want to break the elf girl's dream, but if she continued like this, so half-heartedly, she would definitely hit a wall sooner or later.

And if someone died because of her, her personality would change drastically.

"What kind of person do you think Ais is?" Shiro asked.

Speaking of which, Lefiya was all fired up. She wanted nothing more than to drag Shiro along and talk for days and nights.

"A-Ais, Ais-san is, of course, strong! And beautiful! She also protects me in battle! She moves forward without any hesitation!"

"Although she doesn't show much expression on her face, she cares very much about us in the Familia! If I had to describe her with one word, it would definitely be 'hero'!" Speaking of this, Lefiya had adoration on her face.

"What about her flaws?" Shiro asked.

"Flaws... Ah! One flaw is that she loves to eat Jagamarukun too much! Really, I've told Ais-san so many times not to be picky about her food, but because she looks so cute when she eats Jagamarukun, it's all good!"

Lefiya's fanatical words left Shiro speechless.

This girl wouldn't happen to have a crush on Ais, an Ais fanatic in disguise, would she?

Like this, there would be no end to it.

Shiro interrupted Lefiya, who was preparing to write a short essay praising Ais.

"Lefiya, you know, admiration is the furthest thing from understanding."

Shiro had no idea when he had learned this phrase, but he found that it fitted perfectly here.

"What?" Lefiya was confused.

"Actually, Ais isn't as perfect as you think. Rather than saying that Ais is perfect, it would be better to say that you have only projected the great aspects of an adventurer onto Ais."

Shiro was interrupted before he could speak further.

"Even you, Torajirou-san, can't slander Ais-san!" Lefiya was instantly furious.

"Listen to me first. I only spent a day with Ais, and I don't understand her that well."

"However, even so, I found that she seems to be quite anxious about becoming stronger. When we first met, didn't Ais rush into a group of monsters while forgetting about you and was reprimanded by Riveria?" Shiro tried to explain.