Chapter 29: Break Time on the Way!

49th Floor,

A vast barren land where not a single blade of grass grows.

The sky, the sand, and everything in sight were dyed a reddish-brown color in the vast space.

With a roar, a group of monsters suddenly appeared in front of the Loki Familia team.

The monsters had two large horns protruding from their heads, similar to those of a goat, with ugly faces attached to their necks, and they wielded thick clubs in their hands.

Their bulging red eyes scanned the surroundings in search of prey, while their heavy, nasal breaths synced with their movements.

These are the Fomoires, monsters that appear only on the 49th floor.

"Raise your shields."

As Finn gave the order, countless clashing sounds filled the air.

The dwarves, who were all Lv3, used their strong muscles to block the Fomoires at the outermost edge.

However, Lv3 strength wasn't nearly enough to stop these groups of Lv4 Fomoires.

Under the Fomoires' continuous attacks, the dwarves' shields slowly began to cave in, and their bodies were gradually pushed back.

"Front line adventurers, don't let the formation break."

"Rear line adventurers, focus on attacking."

"Tiona and Tione, go support the left flank."

Amidst the fierce battle, Finn relayed his commands to each member of the party in an orderly manner.

The elves in the back started gathering together to chant magic.

Meanwhile, Tiona and Tione, who were responsible for skirmishing, quickly rushed towards the left flank.

"There's too many of them—"

Tiona's large double-bladed sword became a meat grinder as she spun amidst the monsters, causing blood to spray like flowers wherever she passed.

"Riveria! Are you done yet?!"

Tione shouted towards the rear while holding two kukri knives in her hands, after piercing one of the Fomoires' chests and crushing its magic stone.

"Bete, fill the gap!"

A hole was punched through the defense line, and the werewolf who was in charge of it immediately rushed towards the gap, but it was still a step late.

A few Fomoires broke through the defense and charged towards Lefiya, who was chanting magic.

"Lefiya!"

[Unleash a streak of light, bow limbs of the holy tree. You are an expert of the bow.]

A shout reached Lefiya's ears, and she could feel the approaching Fomoire's heavy breath on her skin.

The bloody smell coming from the monster kept drilling into her nose, as if her whole body was being tightly bound by chains, unable to move.

A sense of suffocation enveloped her body, turning her into a block of ice, ready to shatter with just a slight touch.

However, even so, she didn't stop chanting.

[Shoot, sniper of the fairies.]

Just as the monster's club was about to hit Lefiya.

Two sword lights flashed across the monster's body, dividing it into several pieces that crashed to the ground.

Two reassuring figures appeared in front of Lefiya.