Chapter 53: Udaeus Defeated!

Riveria's grip tightened and loosened around her staff as she watched Shiro playfully dismantling her defensive magic.

She desperately wanted to give him a good whack, but ultimately restrained herself because it was not an appropriate place.

"What are you doing?" She inquired, a sigh escaping her lips.

She couldn't help but feel that she had been sighing more and more frequently since the white-haired boy joined their Familia.

Shiro, who was in the process of removing the protective barrier, looked up at Riveria with excitement.

"Riveria! Quickly cancel this defensive magic, it's really getting in the way!"

Seeing her well-intentioned support being treated as a nuisance, Riveria's patience finally snapped.

She raised her staff and struck Shiro with a resounding thud.

Clang—

Shiro's eyes widened in surprise as the weakened magic barrier shattered under Riveria's blow.

Silence descended upon the scene, broken only by the echo of the impact.

Fortunately, Riveria quickly shifted her focus to a more pressing matter.

"Where's Ais?"

Ais was still entangled in battle with Spartois.

While Shiro had successfully lured away a majority of them, a few remained, stubbornly guarding their "king".

Slash, parry, thrust, and cut – each of Ais's strikes claimed Spartoi's life, but the blond girl still couldn't break through their blockade to reach Udaeus and interrupt its regeneration.

Time ticked away, with each second feeling like an eternity.

"ROOOOOOOOOAR!!"

After a while, Udaeus, having fully recovered, smashed through the wall of swords with a mighty punch and rose to its full height.

Flames identical to those in its eye sockets erupted from where its right hand had been severed.

Udaeus then summoned a pillar from the ground once again.

With its bony fingers, Udaeus grasped the pillar and pulled it free, revealing its true form.

"A sword?"

It was a massive, pitch-black sword, nearly six meters in length.

Both the Loki and Freya Familias had fought against Udaeus countless times, but it had always attacked with its bare hand and the spikes from the ground.

There were no records of it wielding a sword in the Guild records.

So, this was undoubtedly one of the Dungeon's unknowns.

"Ais! Retreat!" Riveria shouted, her voice laced with urgency.

No one knew how Udaeus's new weapon would affect the battle.

Udaeus raised the black sword high above its head, sending a shiver of fear down everyone's spines.

Ais, sensing the impending danger, poured all her strength into putting distance between herself and the menacing monster.

Udaeus's left arm blurred as purple light emanated from its joints.

With a speed invisible to the naked eye, it swung the black sword towards the retreating blond girl.

'Oh no, Ais is in danger.'

Shiro, realizing the danger, vanished from the monster's sight using Nukiashi.