Chapter 38: Drunk Ais!

"Ais, why don't you drink?" Shiro asked, looking at the blond-haired girl across from him.

"Riveria and Loki don't let me drink alcohol..." Ais's expression was somewhat downcast.

Perhaps Riveria thought she was too young to drink and feared Ais might get addicted.

With that thought, Shiro placed a glass of wine in front of the downcast girl and said, "Want to give it a try?"

"Eh? Can I?" Ais seemed hesitant, with Riveria's teachings echoing in her mind, but her eyes kept darting towards the glass of wine on her left-hand side.

"Just a sip won't hurt, right?" Shiro didn't plan to let her drink much; he just wanted to satisfy her curiosity.

Loki probably wouldn't say anything if she knew about it.

"Ugh... then... just a sip..." After a moment of inner struggle, the rebellious part of Ais's heart won, and she brought the glass of wine to her mouth.

"Ha! Cheers! Drink up, mama elf! Eh? Am I drunk? Where did my drink go?"

After finishing a glass of wine, Loki reached for another only to find that the glass that was on her right side had disappeared.

After looking around, she saw Ais pouring the glass of wine into her own mouth.

"Oh, it's with Ais, huh? Then I'll get another one... Wait a minute! Ais, what are you drinking???"

Loki sobered up when she saw the glass of wine from her right hand appearing in the blond-haired girl's hands, breaking out in cold sweat and shouting at the girl.

Her shout also attracted everyone's attention.

To witness the unfolding drama, they all turned to look at Loki.

However, their faces turned pale when they saw the glass of wine in Ais's hands.

"Eh? Is that wine in Ais's hands?"

"Stop her quickly! Don't let her drink it!"

"It's over..."

As Shiro wondered why everyone was reacting so strongly, some people jumped onto the table trying to snatch the wine from Ais's hands, but it was too late; the blond-haired girl had already put the wine into her mouth.

"Hiccup~"

After burping, Ais's face slowly turned red, and she began to sway while sitting in her chair.

Then, suddenly, she held the sword at her waist.

"What's happening??"

Shiro stared blankly as the drunk girl took a stance, a silver light flashed past his ear, and a few strands of white hair floated down beside him.

"Run!!!" Someone screamed, and the scene descended into chaos.

"I'll kill you! Monster!" The drunken Ais mumbled, swinging her sword at Loki on her left.

"Whoa!!! Why me?! Isn't Torajirou closer to you now?!" Loki dodged Ais's attacks in a panic, shouting back.

But the drunken Ais couldn't be reasoned with, her slashes destroying everything in the tavern, demonstrating the full extent of a Level 5 adventurer's physical abilities.

"Lefiya, go get some water! Everyone else, stay back!"

Amidst the chaos, Finn stood out and issued orders calmly.

Upon hearing his commands, people retreated, forming a circle around the drunken girl.

"Why is it just me and Ais left here?! Please help me!!!"