Chapter 51: Udaeus!

Chapter 51: Udaeus!

Ais's sudden declaration didn't come as a surprise to the others.

They had all witnessed the burning determination within her, a brewing storm ready to unleash its fury.

However, understanding her desire was one thing, allowing her to face such danger alone was another matter altogether.

"You don't need to share your rations with me. Please let me stay." Ais pleaded, her resolve unwavering despite the disapproving stares.

"Why does Ais insist on fighting alone all the time?" Tiona grumbled.

"Ais is so beautiful. What if her face gets hurt during the battle? Even I, an Amazoness, care more about appearances than you. This won't do." Tione added, their voices echoing each other in their attempt to dissuade Ais from her reckless plan.

"Just let her stay," Shiro interjected, his gaze fixed on Ais, who stood with her head bowed.

"Staying behind at a time like this... Ais, you're planning to challenge the Floor Boss alone, aren't you?"

Ais remained silent, but her silence told everyone the answer.

Her solo training yielded slow progress; even a week alone in the Dungeon barely earned her 100 ability values.

So, the only way for her to rapidly increase her strength now was to rank up.

And today was the day Udaeus respawned, the Floor Boss of the 37th floor, will soon be reborn on this floor.

"I won't stop you. But in return, take me with you. I'm only Level 3, so I won't take much of your excelia, right?" Shiro proposed.

Riveria narrowed her eyes, her gaze turning sharp as she focused on Shiro.

"Do you two understand what you're doing? A Level 3 and a Level 5 want to challenge a Level 6 Monster Rex?"

"It's better than Ais going alone, right? Besides, my situation is a bit special. Even if we can't win, I can still get Ais out of there safely."

Ais looked at the white-haired boy with gratitude, her eyes reflecting her appreciation for his support.

Riveria sighed, exasperated by their exchange.

"Finn, please. Let's respect their wishes this time."

"Hmm?" Finn looked up at Riveria, searching her eyes for her true intentions.

It was unlike the usually cautious Riveria to agree to such a risky endeavor.

"Ais rarely asks for anything," Riveria explained, her voice gentle.

"I want you to grant her request."

After hearing this, Ais started feeling guilty...

This was her own selfish desire, yet it was causing trouble for everyone.

"You can't convince me with such a maternal tone, Riveria," Finn stated firmly.

"As the captain of this expedition team, I'm responsible for everyone's safety. I cannot agree with your suggestion."

"In that case, I'll be their support," Riveria declared, offering a compromise.

With a Level 6 elf as backup, surely Finn wouldn't object.

And, if he did, they would have no choice but to return to Orario.

Finn placed his thumb against his lips, a habit he exhibited when deep in thought.

Finally, under Ais's hopeful gaze, he helplessly nodded.

"Alright, I grant you permission."

"Hey! Wait, if that's the case, then I'm going too!" Tiona exclaimed, dissatisfied with being left out.