Chapter 55: Bell's Grimoire!

The sky was painted a fiery red as the evening sun cast its warm glow upon Orario.

"Let's just put him here for now," Shiro said, settling Bell onto his bed in Twilight Manor.

He had no idea where the residence of Hestia Familia was located.

"The Guild should have a record of his residence. If you need anything, come find me. I'm off to teach Lefiya," Riveria said before leaving his room.

The setting sun streamed through the window, illuminating Bell's face.

He moved his eyelashes while lying on the bed, and then there was no more movement.

Moments later, as if bothered by the sunlight, Bell raised his arm to shield his eyes and slowly opened them.

"You're awake! The operation was successful. You're a girl now," Shiro joked, looking up from the book he was reading at the table.

"Eh? Eh?!" Bell's eyes shot open, and he frantically touched his lower body.

He was then relieved to find his little brother still there; finally, he had time to look at his surroundings.

It looked like he was no longer in the Dungeon, and the unfamiliar scenery confused him.

"Eh? Where is this? Why is Torajirou-san here?"

"This is the residence of Loki Familia. We found you unconscious in the Dungeon from mind zero while returning from an expedition, so I brought you back."

Shiro put down his book and explained the concept of mind zero to Bell.

After learning that he had once again been rescued by Shiro, Bell scrambled out of bed and deeply bowed in gratitude.

"No need for thanks, we just happened to be passing by. But I'm curious, Bell, where did you find a grimoire?" Shiro inquired, asking the question that had been bothering him.

Grimoires were such rare items that they were usually snatched up as soon as they appeared on the market.

He considered himself lucky to have encountered one in the Witch's Secret House, but for another to surface so soon, especially in the hands of a novice adventurer like Bell, was quite perplexing.

"Grimoire? What's that?" Bell asked, tilting his head in confusion.

"You don't know? Then how did you awaken your magic?"

"Um... I remember borrowing a book from Syr, one that someone left behind at the tavern. I fell asleep while reading it and had a strange dream. When I woke up, I found that I had awakened my magic during a status update. Wait... could that book have been something valuable?"

As Bell spoke, cold sweat trickled down his forehead.

A valuable item to awaken magic... he couldn't possibly repay such a debt, even if he sold himself.

'I'm sorry, kami-sama. I might have to work for someone else for the rest of my life...' Bell thought to himself.

But wait, he still has the book.

Maybe it could still be used.

He just needed to return it...

"By the way, grimoires are one-time use items. Once read, it becomes useless. Their market price is ridiculously high, so it's basically priceless," Shiro added, shattering Bell's last glimmer of hope.

Bell's eyes glazed over as he slumped to the floor with blank eyes and turned into a stone statue.

"But you don't have to worry about it. That book was probably left behind by someone who doesn't need it. So, no one will come knocking at your doorsteps for repayment," Shiro reassured the desperate boy.