Chapter 32: Expedition That Was Forced to End!

(PS: This chapter is too long. Forgive me for delay.)

The wailing of the trees echoed around.

Riveria, standing on the rock platform, should have seen the source of the sound by now, but at this moment, there was silence above, making everyone in the group even more uneasy and anxious.

Time seemed to stretch infinitely at this moment.

It was unclear how much time had passed, maybe three minutes, or maybe just a moment, when the monster finally appeared in Shiro and the others' field of view.

It was six meters tall, and its appearance inherited the shape of the previous worm monster, but its overall form was vastly different.

"Humanoid monster?"

Shiro looked at the monster and expressed his doubt.

The lower half of the worm remained unchanged, but instead of the usual mound-like upper body, it was replaced by a humanoid form.

The thick yellow-green skin extended to the monster's face, which lacked any organs but possessed fine contours suggestive of femininity.

However, the significantly bulging belly diminished its feminine appearance.

"We absolutely cannot let it explode like the previous monster," Shiro thought to himself as he stared at the monster's bulging abdomen.

With a body as huge as a floor boss, if it exploded among the crowd, none of the Loki Familia members would survive.

Then, the monster began to move.

Like wanting to embrace a lover, the monster spread its flat arms, and countless pollen drifted from her body, quickly surrounding the group of adventurers.

Instinctively, the adventurers wanted to run away from that location.

In less than a moment, the pollen exploded around the adventurers, with numerous lights flashing continuously in the dungeon.

Bang—

The explosion shattered the ground along with the corrosive liquid on top, and a hot breath brushed past their faces.

Amidst a large amount of smoke and dust, Ais and the others quickly got into position.

The expedition members of Loki Familia were now in great trouble.

Their weapons and shields had melted away in previous battles, and the spare equipment was insufficient for a battle of this magnitude.

However, as first-class adventurers and one of the strongest Familia in Orario, they could not allow the monster to continue upwards, as it would result in even more casualties.

"Ais, give me your weapon."

As Finn was frowning and biting his right thumb in thought, Shiro spoke up.

Ais was now one of only two people whose weapons were intact; her sword, "Desperate," possessed an attribute called "Indestructible."

This meant that Ais's weapon could not be dissolved by the monster's corrosive liquids, but even with the "Indestructible" attribute, the sword could still become blunt.

After imbuing the weapon with his cutting ability, Shiro looked at Finn, who was deep in thought.

The latter had become expressionless, turning his head to look at the blonde girl.

"Ais, hold this monster back here, everyone else will follow me and retreat."

As the captain of Loki Familia, Finn had to remain calm and rational at all times, even if his decisions seemed harsh to some members.