Chapter 50: The Times Have Changed!

Ais and the red-haired woman continued their fierce duel, their battleground shifting toward the town center.

"The monsters are dead?"

The woman's frustration grew as she heard the distant explosion.

The wound on her abdomen had significantly hindered her attacks.

Otherwise, as a Level 6, she should have easily overpowered Ais, who is just a Level 5.

"[Tempest!]"

The wind around Ais intensified, her strikes becoming even more ferocious.

In the blink of an eye, she unleashed a flurry of over ten attacks, each one aimed at her opponent with deadly precision.

However, the red-haired woman, despite her injury, displayed incredible skills, parrying and deflecting Ais's wind-infused blows with remarkable agility.

Even with Ariel at full power, Ais struggled to gain the upper hand.

"I thought you only had that doll-like expression." The red-haired woman taunted, noticing the desperation creeping into Ais's movements.

Seizing the opportunity, she dodged the blond girl's sword and launched an upward punch, aiming for Ais's face with a force that ripped through the air.

Bang—

Another gunshot echoed, and a spray of blood erupted from the woman's right hand.

The familiar sensation ignited her rage once again.

She turned toward the white-haired boy, who was calmly holstering his gun, and unleashed a torrent of curses.

"You son of a–!"

"I know you're in a hurry," Shiro interrupted, a mischievous grin playing on his lips, "But hold on a second. Look around, you're surrounded."

The woman's eyes darted around, realizing she was trapped.

Finn and the others, having dealt with the monsters in the city, had encircled her at some point in time.

The blond Pallum captain, despite his small stature, skillfully wielded his spear, then attacked her lower body and aimed for her blind spots with relentless precision.

Unlike Ais's direct and powerful assaults, Finn's fighting style was a masterclass in terms of technique and strategy, leaving the woman visibly impressed, despite the dire circumstances.

"Next time we meet, I'll kill you!" She snarled at the white-haired boy, realizing her disadvantage.

Then, with a powerful stomp, she created a shockwave that launched Finn into the air.

Taking advantage of the opening, she kicked his spear aside and, clutching her bleeding abdomen, made a desperate escape.

"Ais, don't go!"

Ignoring Riveria's shouts, Ais cast her magic and pursued the injured red-haired woman without hesitation.

"What should we do?" Tiona asked, feeling a bit lost amidst the sudden turn of events.

"Chase them, of course!" Shiro declared, already sprinting after Ais and the fleeing woman.

They raced through the wreckage-strewn Rivira town and across the desolate plains known as the Wilderness.

Finally, Shiro caught up with Ais, who stood silently at the edge of a cliff, overlooking the lake below.

The water was stained red with the woman's blood, and a small dot could be seen moving away from them in the distance.