Chapter 24: Rank Up!

"Uh... unfamiliar ceiling..."

Shiro opened his eyes and saw the ceiling of his own bedroom. He had wanted to say this line for a while now and took the chance to whisper it when no one was around.

"You're awake..."

A gentle female voice came from beside him—it was Ais.

Wait, what?! Why is someone beside him?

Seeing Shiro, who had inexplicably fallen into a state of embarrassment, Ais was a bit puzzled.

"Are your injuries not healed yet?"

By now, Shiro had also calmed down.

Although it was a bit embarrassing for others to see him going crazy, Ais seemed not to have understood what he was doing just now, so he had to change the subject immediately.

"It was you, Ais, who brought me back, right? Thank you."

"No problem," Ais shook her head.

"Next, you're going to rank up, right? Can I come and watch?"

Ais said this without even noticing the unexpected eagerness in her voice.

"Of course, I have to thank you for bringing me back from the dungeon."

Getting out of bed, Shiro gestured for Ais to follow him.

Then, the two of them went to Loki's room together.

"Yo, you're awake."

As soon as he entered, he heard Loki's voice, full of a strong accent.

"Let me guess, you're here to rank up, right? Finn and the others were totally blown away when Ais carried you back. You should've seen their faces when they heard you took down Goliath – talk about disbelief!"

Loki said jokingly as she put down her wine glass and patted the bed next to her.

"Come on, take off your clothes. I can't wait to see your status."

"Yes, yes, yes."

Shiro sat down on the bed and took off his shirt, allowing Loki to update his Falna.

"Let's see, your potential development abilities include Swordsman, Hunter, and Abnormal Resistance. Which one will you choose?"

Potential development abilities come as a bonus with each rank up; adventurers can choose one from the list based on their experiences during the upgrade period.

Unlike magic slots, there's no limit to the number of potential development abilities one can have, meaning if a new development ability appears in the list with each level up, one could have up to eight different development abilities by level 9.

For example, Swordsman is because Shiro always uses a sword as his weapon, and the effect of Swordsman is to increase his attack power when using a sword.

Hunter appeared because Shiro has been continuously defeating monsters in the dungeon, providing a certain increase in ability values when fighting monsters he has defeated before.

Abnormal Resistance is something he specifically fought for.

On the 7th floor, there's a small monster called Purple Moth that spreads poison dust everywhere, and Abnormal Resistance can only be obtained by suffering from frequent poisoning or other negative effects.

Just as the name implies, it increases one's resistance to various negative abnormalities.

Logically, Shiro needs Abnormal Resistance the most right now.